As part of the award, I have to list five random facts about myself, so here goes.
1) The first job I had was in a shoe shop on a Saturday whilst I was still at school. I used to earn £1.10 per hour. I thought my pay packet containing £7.70 for a full Saturday was loads.
2) I'm allergic to human hair. My mum discovered this when I was little as every time she brushed my hair I would sneeze. I was subsequently tested for fifteen things and was allergic to thirteen of them. Later in life I had another test, this time for twenty two things and was allergic to them all.
3) I can touch type, though I've never had any typing lessons. I think this just goes to show how long I spend on the computer. Not good.
4) I have a mobile phone but very rarely use it. I got a text on Friday and only realised today when I took my phone out of my bag to charge it.
5) I love going on holiday but I love coming home just as much. I'm a proper home bird.
I now have to pass the award on to five more blogs.
Life in the Slow Lane
Please don't feel under pressure to accept the award if you don't wish to do so, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog.
congrats on your award! interesting to know about fellow bloggers. i keep my phone off most of the the too.ReplyDelete
I just learned to text this last year so I feel up to date except for twitter.ReplyDelete
Congratulations! And thank you for sharing some interesting Blogs :)ReplyDelete
Congrats to you!ReplyDelete
My first job on leaving school was in a shoe shop, it was Dolcis. I have to say I hated it!
Hi Jo, oh you're so welcome, I do love reading your blog and seeing what you and Archie are up to, and the rest of you of course! I enjoyed reading the facts about you, the last three apply to me as well, although I do have my mobile on me most of the time in case the girls text me. I see you've chosen Grace's blog, I'm so glad, she's lovely. Come visit me from Thursday because I'm having a giveaway and wouldn't want you to miss out. Lots of love xxxReplyDelete
I worked in curtess shoes when i was sixteen for £1.46 an hour and felt very rich! Thank you so much for the award, I felt so overwhelmed and happy..... will be properly accepting it soon xReplyDelete
Congratulations on the award :DReplyDelete
I skipped weekend work as a teen - horses took precedence - and made my extra cash making peg dolls in the evenings to sell at craft fairs. A shop on Regent street of all places started buying them from me to sell on. Do you know I'd forgotten all about that!
Congratulations Jo, very interesting facts, although that's the strangest allergy I've heard of.......human hair.....my youngest daughter has several allergies, gluten, wheat and the scariest one of all, nuts.......epipen territory!ReplyDelete
Well done on your award!ReplyDelete
Its always fascinating reading things about other bloggers!
I'm not good with my mobile either, and although i can text I oftem send garbled nonsense as i am too busy looking at the keys rather than at what i have typed - a bit like my commenting really!!!
So being able to touch type is pretty useful - well done!
Thank you for all your lovely comments.ReplyDelete
It's well deserved! Flighty xxReplyDelete