Friday 21 July 2023

The Twelve Days Of Christmas

It's taken me nearly three years but I've finally finished my Twelve Days of Christmas cross stitch. My blog post back in 2020, Who Fancies A Bit Of Stitching? asked if anyone wanted to stitch along with me. I had two takers and both ladies finished their projects much quicker than I have, but I'm finally at the finish line. Obviously, I haven't been working on it for the whole three years, it's been picked up and put back down again numerous times, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the times when I have been working on it.

It's a design by Paulette Stewart, she has the Plum Street Samplers blog and this was the Sunday Mystery Sampler back in 2015. I used 32 count Murano Lugana in Vintage Country Mocha to stitch on and colours 310, 367, 498 and 782 in DMC to stitch with. I really enjoyed the limited colours used and in the future I would love to stitch a one-colour design.

Here it is framed. I took the picture before the glass was put in to avoid the glare but it is framed behind glass. I would have considered having it framed professionally but as it will only be brought out and displayed at Christmastime, it wasn't really worth the cost so Mick turned his hand to a bit of framing and he's done a great job.

That's another long-term project finished. I'm steadily working my way through the things I've had on the go for a while and it feels good to see them completed.

17 comments:

  1. That is lovely! It's always good to finish something which has been in progress for a long time, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work! 32 count is hard on the eyes, isn't it? I've got a few pieces to finish and even more to start but I'm not in the mood at present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful Jo and will become quite a family heirloom in the years to come. Mick has done a good job on it too. Shame you will only see it at Xmas it is too nice to put away for most of the year after all that work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing, Jo. I like the limited colours as well. I think you should keep it out until Christmas then put it away with the rest of the dex! 🎄🎅🏻

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Jo! The stitching looks great and I like the Christmas colours. It looks too good to put away and Mick has framed the piece very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really good - well done on working on 32 count!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mick's framing job looks professionally done to me. Your stitching is beautiful and won't it be fun to have something new out this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it Jo! I'm working on a Plum Street piece now called Mini Moon. It's lovely and just comfortable to work on if that makes any sense. I also really like 12 days of Christmas things. I knit 12 days of Christmas mittens (to display not wear LOL) and love bringing that out at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks lovely Jo, and well done to Mick on his framing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's brilliant Jo & must feel so good to have it finished & be able to hang it in December. Well done you ...... oh & Mick for framing it. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic, it's turned out beautifully and looks a treat in the frame. Actually, Christmas doesn't seem that far away does it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It may have taken you a long time to finish it, but you're early for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks amazing, and Mick has done a great job of framing it. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's fabulous Jo and well done on getting it finished, it looks lovely in the frame, I had mine out last Christmas hung on the living room and lots of people commented on it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on finishing. I understand your feeling completely. I have too many projects in the works and need to get some finished. Somehow starting new ones is more fun then finishing...though I'm not sure why; but it seems that way. The frame is very nice as well so your completed project will be nice to display next Christmas. Very nice indeed.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job! It's beautiful. It looks so pretty framed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely project. I have enjoyed stitching counted cross stitch projects in the past, but I don't ever get around to having them framed. I am sure it will be a beautiful addition to your Christmas decor this year.

    ReplyDelete