Tuesday 11 July 2023

Winnie The Pooh Socks

It's a while now since I bought some mini skeins from Giddy Yarns. They were in the Winnie the Pooh collection and I just couldn't resist them. I knew from the start that I'd like to make socks from them and I've finally got round to knitting them up.

The colourways from the cuff at the top of the sock working downwards are Kanga and Roo, Rabbit, Eeyore, Winnie The Pooh and Piglet. They're all such lovely colours, I'd be very happy to have full skeins of each.

I knit a plain sock without any pattern in order to show off the yarn. The stripes are each nine rounds and I put in a Fish Lips Kiss heel, the pattern for which can be found on Ravelry. It's a good heel to use as it doesn't interrupt the stripes at all.

I made sure that I sewed in the ends as I went along and I'm glad that I did. Every stripe produces two ends of yarn, that's one of the drawbacks of knitting stripy socks. Of course, you can now buy self-striping yarn and the benefit of this is that the yarn produces the stripes itself with minimum ends to sew in at the end.

The socks took 54g of yarn, I'm left with 46g, a little of each colourway. I shall endeavour to use this up in another project, after all, it's far too pretty to just discard and I do like to make use of every little scrap.

13 comments:

  1. Love the colours together, as much as I love knitting socks, I have far to many pairs already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me, I managed to sign in on only the third attempt! Last time I tried to comment on your blog, I gave up after 7 attempts. Sorry about that, Jo! Anyway, the socks look great. I love the colours and the wee balls you have left over look almost edible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet socks ---- as it should be for Winnie and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous color combination! They look so warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous and such lovely colours together. One day I might get round to knitting a pair of socks (a beginners easy pattern of course and definitely a plain colour I am not sure anything I made with a stripe would look like it was meant to!) I have been knitting a jacket for the new baby for months now and only completed one side. It has taken me so long that I will have to unravel the little bit I have done and start a bigger size! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look very nice Jo, I think you'll enjoy wearing them :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks look so soft and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Jo and I so wish I wasn't rubbish at knitting socks. Enjoy them on your tootsies. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sock yarn is lovely. I'm determined to knit some socks for the colder months. If I can just get in gear and finish my jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely! Such a pretty yarn.xxx

    ReplyDelete