Saturday 26 December 2015

Photo Medley - December

I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday and that the Christmas festivities are continuing. I'm just popping in because we're not only heading towards the end of the month but also the end of the year and it's time again to catch up on photos which haven't yet made it on to the blog, not that there's very many this month. I think I was far too busy with the Christmas preparations to think about my camera very much.

Lots of time was taken up with swap parcels this month. I've taken part in four different swaps this year and I wanted to make sure that parcels and cards were posted off in good time. These are the parcels which were sent off to Lisa from Jumble and Jelly. We're doing a Twelve Days of Christmas swap between ourselves just the same as we did last year.


Not only was I busy sending off gifts, I was receiving them too. These are the gifts I received from Lisa, I've now opened two of them but I'll tell you more once I've opened them all. I love the paper they're wrapped up in.


The Christmas tree was put up mid month. I don't like to get all the decorations up too early but I do like to have everything done before the last minute. It's always fun reacquainting ourselves with things we haven't seen for almost a year.


I received this bauble in the Twelve Days of Christmas swap last year. I've refilled it with chocolates and it's hanging on the tree again this year.


I intended taking lots of photos throughout the day yesterday but I was too busy enjoying myself to remember. I did take some photos at dinner time though. We had three extra guests this year, my mum and dad spent the day with us and we also have Daniel's girlfriend staying with us this year. She's American and isn't travelling home this year so she's staying with us instead.


That's all I've got to show this month, short and sweet. Season's greetings to everyone, I do hope you're enjoying the festive period as much as we are.

24 comments:

  1. Gosh, what a lot of parcels! You have been industrious and organised :-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had so many gifts to wrap this year, and lots to unwrap too. The swaps have been so much fun to take part in.

      Delete
  2. Just enjoying the first few minutes of peace and quiet - guests departed, and sofa reclaimed. I hope you continue to enjoy yourself as much as you did yesterday. Merry (belated) Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a wonderful Christmas so far and the family's all together for a while yet so the festivities are continuing. Thank you, merry Christmas to you too.

      Delete
  3. Happy Christmas Jo! I look forward to seeing posts about the gifts in your 12 days of Christmas swap. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, happy Christmas to you too. I shall be blogging about all my swaps in due course, but I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else sent and received in the Twelve Days of Christmas swap too.

      Delete
  4. It looks and sounds like you're enjoying yourselves.
    I've enjoyed a couple of quiet, relaxing days spent mostly reading as it's been damp, dull and windy.
    Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're having a fabulous Christmas, I love having the family all together. I'm pleased that you've found time to relax, it is a treat to bury yourself in a book without having to think of other things. The weather has been terrible, hasn't it? We're currently waiting to hear if Daniel's house in York has been flooded as his area is on high alert and some residents have been evacuated.

      Delete
  5. It looks like you had a wonderful time with plenty of family and food.
    Happy New Year Jo.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've really enjoyed ourselves so far and the festivities are ongoing. Thank you, happy new year to you too.

      Delete
  6. Hi Jo
    Belated Happy Christmas Wishes ... as always at this time of year family and friends activities and visits have kept me busy, and blogging seems to take a back seat!

    But you seem to have had a wonderful time, sharing with family and friends and that's what this time of year is all about.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend and early but very good wishes for the coming New Year.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christmas wishes to you and yours too. Blogging does take a back seat at this time of year, as is should as family and friends are far more important. We're really enjoying having all the family together, we're making the most of it. Sending good wishes for 2016 to you too.

      Delete
  7. I was the same, I normally take so many more photos, but this year I was too busy enjoying watching the children unwrap their gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always sad that I haven't captured special moments, but then I think at least I was involved in those special moments and not just looking in on them, and that's far more important.

      Delete
  8. Happy Christmas! A quick five minutes just to wish you happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, happy Christmas to you too. I hope you're enjoying the festivities as much as we are.

      Delete
  9. So glad you have been having happy days, Jo, and I have been, too, even though we had a quiet celebration yesterday since three of my five little grand girls have barky cough/colds. Thanks for you good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard to see little ones when they're unwell. Quiet celebrations are fine though, just so long as you enjoy them.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you have been having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly have, and it isn't over yet.

      Delete
  11. Oh wow. That's a lot of swaps. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a lot of fun with the swaps this year, I'll be doing a post all about them soon.

      Delete
  12. Glad you had a lovely Xmas day and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, it's been such a wonderful Christmas.

      Delete