Sunday 17 July 2022

1000 Subscribers

I recently discovered the My Yarny Corner podcast on You Tube which is hosted by Alex. She started podcasting at the beginning of 2021 and she also uploads vlogs to her channel which are entertaining to watch so I've been right back to the beginning and watched everything she's uploaded so far.

I subscribed to the podcast at the time Alex was filming her June vlogs and I became her 1000th subscriber. She's now hosting a giveaway to celebrate the milestone of reaching this number of subscribers, and she gave me a pattern prize for becoming her 1000th subscriber. I was able to look on Ravelry and choose which pattern I'd like.

As you know, I do enjoy knitting and crocheting blankets so I chose the Habitation Throw pattern by Helen Stewart. I thought this would be a great pattern to use up some of the mini skeins of yarn I've still got left from various advent calendars, though it would look equally pretty knit up in one solid colour. I'm not going to start it right away, I've got a few things I'd like to finish first.

Thank you very much, Alex, I know I shall enjoy knitting this. If you enjoy watching knitting and crochet podcasts and haven't yet discovered My Yarny Corner, do pop over. Even if you don't enjoy knitting and crochet podcasts, pop over and watch the vlogs. Alex lives near the beautiful spa town of Ilkley which is on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales and she films some beautiful scenery.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on becoming her 1000th subscriber and winning a prize. Sadly I can't see well enough to knit and crochet anymore but I will check out Alex's vlog especially for the beautiful Yorkshire scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pattern you chose, I like watching you tube so will look her up, thank you for saying about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very well timed subscription, Jo! Lots of interesting ideas will be coming your way too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jo, that's a lovely pattern and will look great with the mini skeins. I'm popping over now to see her Vlog. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your win, I love the pattern you chose and look forward to seeing it 'in the flesh' once you've got round to making the throw :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful pattern, Jo. Congratulations! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to receive a free pattern & be the 1000th subscriber. Nice pattern you've chosen. I tried to watch a podcast once & found it sort of made me giddy, so have never watched another. Oh, Ilkley is somewhere we love to visit, so maybe I'll have a peek at her vlog. Stay cool, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Jo, that looks a lovely pattern.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I watched the episode when she announced your name 😄 Lovely pattern, I've noticed quite a few people knitting it again recently.

    ReplyDelete