Sunday 12 April 2020

Fractured

Dani Atkins is an author who I've discovered fairly recently. I read one of her books at the end of last year and have read more this year, the most recent being Fractured.


"The night of the accident changed everything...
Now, five years on, Rachel's life is crumbling. She lives alone in a tiny flat, working in a dead-end job, desperate with guilt over her best friend's death. She would give anything to turn back the clock. But life doesn't work like that...Does it?

The night of the accident was a lucky escape...
Now, five years on, Rachel's life is perfect. She has a wonderful fiance, loving family and friends around her, and the career she always wanted. But why can't Rachel shake the memory of a very different life?

Gripping, romantic and heartbreaking, Fractured is a magical love story, set at Christmas, that asks: can two different stories lead to the same happy ending?"

I must admit that the story had me somewhat puzzled, I was wracking my brains whilst reading, trying to come up with a plausible ending as I just couldn't see how it was going to work out, but I needn't have bothered, the ends were all tied up very well.

This was Dani Atkins first published novel, and though I've now read all the books by this author, Fractured was the last one I read. I've thoroughly enjoyed every single one, but if I had to choose, While I Was Sleeping and The Story Of Us would be my favourites.

A Sky Full of Stars, Dani Atkins new book, will be out later this year and I can't wait to read it.

12 comments:

  1. I loved this book, and I'm half way through The story of us, she does tackle difficult subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to read further books from an author whose work you enjoy. The story does sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just jotted this book down. I did read While I Was Sleeping and loved the book.
    Have a safe, blessed Easter- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of this author but I am going to look for her books when the library opens back up. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, Happy, Happy...💛💚💜

    & Please keep blogging...!!!! 💛💚💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this a couple of years ago so can't remember the whole story now, but I remember liking it. I have The Story of Us on my Kindle, still waiting to be read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does sound intriguing!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds intense and well written!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I'd heard of Dani Atkins before now. This book sounds a bit like the film Sliding Doors.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds intriguing, I am looking for new authors to try so I will give her a go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds intriguing, but my kindle is loaded with books. Think I need to schedule myself some reading time. I typically do that while on vacation, as time at home is often spent on the computer or with the yarn and needles, and since 2 recent trips have been Covid cancelled...am well behind on my reading. Have one started on my kindle and another on my ipad. Been so long, will probably have to start over, don't remember what I read. Stay well.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have to look out for this author. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete