Thursday 16 February 2012

Razzle Dazzle 'Em

I've visited the Alhambra Theatre in Bradford many times. It often stages touring productions before they get to Leeds, and it isn't too far away.


Last night, I went to the Alhambra with Mick and Eleanor to see Chicago The Musical. Ali Bastion, who I know from Strictly Come Dancing, took the role of Roxie Hart and Tupele Dorgu, who was Kelly Crabtree in Coronation Street, played Velma Kelly. Stefan Booth, who I'd seen on Dancing On Ice, took the part of Billy Flynn and Bernie Nolan, who I've seen on stage before in Blood Brothers, was Matron 'Mama' Morton.


It was a fabulous show with brilliant acting, singing and dancing. I'd definitely recommend it.

Someone's night will have been spoilt when they returned to their car. It appears that the handbrake had been left off allowing the car to roll out of it's parking space, only coming to a halt when it was buffered by another parked car.


Luckily, neither car appeared to have much damage.

11 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun night. Not for the owners of those cars though!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again! Just remembered that you tagged me last week. Been very busy with half term but will love to accept, will blog next week. Thanks Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to go and see that show........I love a good musical, I've seen the film but I bet the show was spectacular.

    lily x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Alhambra - many childhood memories of Pantomimes with Les Dawson, Russ Abbott and Cannon & Ball! The theatre is a lovely treat isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat. It sounds like a really good cast too. I think there's something magical about a live performance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a brilliant night out.

    Always wanted to see Chicago.

    Good choice.

    Glad it wasn't your car.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fab night out. Extremely pleased to read that your car wasn't involved in the 'shunt'. Luv Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bradford Alhambra is such a lovely theatre - Ive been a few times and love it. Your photo of it looks gorgeous. Ouch - with the cars. What a nightmare. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great night out for you but now the owners of the cars!!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love a good musical and that is a good one.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for all your comments.

    Emma - Don't worry about the tag, there's no rush.

    Lavender Attic - The theatre is a real treat. It's just a shame that it costs so much to see a show, I'd love to go more often.

    Scarlet - I agree, I'd much rather see a live performance than a film. I hardly ever go to the cinema, it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete