Tuesday 18 January 2011

My First Award

I've been given a few awards on my other blog, The Good Life, and now this blog has received it's very first one. It's the stylish blogger award and I've been given it by bears footprints. I'm over the moon with it so thank you very much.




Now I have to reveal seven facts about me which you don't already know, so here they are.


1) When my dad went to register my birth, he only gave me a first name. My middle name is added to my birth certificate and the birth register at a later date after I was baptised.


2) I have a phobia of cockroaches. It's so bad that the first time Mick and I went abroad on holiday together, before we were married, he got so fed up with me panicking about them that he told me he was getting us a flight home and was never going abroad on holiday with me again, though he didn't and he did.


3) I have to have a vitabin b12 injection every three months for the rest of my life. This has come about after having the part of my bowel which absorbs this vitamin removed when I had bowel cancer.


4) I hated being pregnant. I think it was because I suffered from terrible morning sickness right the way through both pregnancies, however, I loved giving birth.


5) I hate wearing shoes. I go straight from wearing boots in winter to mules or flip flops in spring.


6) We often used to go for trips and days out to Bridlington when I was a child and I took my first steps there, on the beach to be exact.


7) I'm from a large extended family. My mum had five brothers and five sisters and my dad has two brothers and a sister. Consequently, I've got over thirty cousins.


Now that's enough about me. I now have to nominate fifteen blogs to receive this award, so in no particular order:-


Heart Shaped
Eight by Six Gardening Blog
Florence & Mary
This Yorkshire Life
Fizz Pop Bang Blog
Sofa Flying
Postcards from the P.P.
Mrs Nesbitt's Space
I Should Have Listened To My Mother
The Stash Basket
Tales from a Cottage Garden
Hookin' with LaaLaa
Kelly's Recipes For Life
Damn, Knit & Blast It
Little Cotton Rabbits


I know that many of you choose not to receive awards, however, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blogs. Don't feel under any pressure to accept it if you do not wish to do so.

Thank you once again to bears footprints for bestowing this award up on me, and thank you to all my readers, new and old, for returning to read more. I still get a thrill every time I see a new comment.

11 comments:

  1. Why thank you Jo - facts about myself eh? Give me a couple of days to come up with something but I certainly will! lol Be prepared as Baden would say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, we have a lot in common Jo. I have to have screening for Bowel Cancer as it has seen off almost all of my mums family - she herself had it a couple of years back and was the first to survive it! So far, I am clear, but hubby has to have B12 for the rest of his life as he has pernicious aenemia (and he is a right old grump stick when he gets due for his jab!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award!

    I'll have to get my thinking cap on for some interesting facts about me!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the award ... I'll see what I can come up with!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award :0)

    Loved reading your 7 facts. It's always nice to get to know somebody a little bit better.

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for my award. I'll try and do the seven facts about me at the weekend. I really enjoyed reading yours. We've got a few things in common, I hate being pregnant (too much worrying involved), and I'm sitting here now with freezing feet because I hate wearing socks or shoes and I went on holiday to Brid a lot as a kid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations it's well deserved, and many thanks for awarding it to me!
    I don't mind receiving them but I'm often reluctant to do a post about myself and then award it to others. However I will obviously mention it in my blog.
    Thanks again! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and thank you Jo for the nomination. As you know I have chosen not to receive awards but I really do appreciate you thinking of me. Your lovely comments and loyal following of my blog is reward in itself - aaah!!

    You have divulged some interesting facts here Jo. We share a shoeless wearing habit!!

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems that a few of us have lots in common. I love reading other people's facts which accompany these awards myself, I'm so nosey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jo! I'm honoured!

    I'm chuffed that you like mmy blog enough to give me an award.

    Just off to make space on the mantelpiece...that's how it works isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're welcome, Susan. Glad you've got space for it, just don't forget to dust it.

    ReplyDelete