Wednesday 22 September 2010

The Finished Beret

Whilst I was on holiday, I picked up a copy of Let's Knit to read through. There was a free gift with the magazine of a pattern and yarn. The pattern was for either a beret or a beanie, but Eleanor preferred the beret so I decided to knit that. I had visions whilst knitting it of me running out of yarn as there wasn't much provided, but I managed to finish it with a little to spare.


The pattern was easy, and it was actually enjoyable taking a break from knitting socks to knit something else. The yarn is 100% acrylic, and even whilst knitting I could see it starting to fluff, so I don't think it will last long but Eleanor is pleased with it anyway. I might even knit it again in a different colour and with nicer yarn.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that beret Jo - it looks so pretty and stylish on Eleanor.

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy? This looks horribly complicated to me. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I'm really pleased that I've rediscovered knitting, I'm enjoying it so much at the moment.

    ReplyDelete