Tuesday 14 September 2021

Gloster

I bought my little Gloster apple tree back in 2012. It's a patio tree, grafted onto dwarf rootstock to keep it small, but despite its size it's given some good crops over the years, though none so good as this year.

It's only a small tree though the size of the fruit is anything but, they're of good proportions. I counted about thirty apples before I started harvesting. It's a wonder the tree can support all this fruit.

Gloster is a red skinned variety with crisp flesh. They taste delicious.

The green apples are from my Golden Delicious tree, again, a patio variety It's never done very well. Just four apples this year, and much smaller than the Glosters, but they'll be enjoyed by Mick, they're his favourite.

We'll be okay for apples for a while.

19 comments:

  1. That is a lovely crop, should last a while. I can remember as a child at this time of year, wrapping locally picked apples in newspaper, so they would not touch and last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing yield and they look really delicious, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing, and they look so healthy. It's been a great year for apples hasn't it, I can hardly keep up with the windfalls at the moment. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great crop of apples. This has reminded me I need to re-pot my own little tree. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fabulous, Jo. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Gloster apples look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember my patio apple tree in our old house and was always surprised by how many apples we got from it. Yours look amazing, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you, they look and sound delicious. Enjoy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what a lovely load of apples,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, they look so tasty. Amazing to have so many on such a small tree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you got a good amount of apples, they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great crop Jo, it's amazing just how much fruit a little tree will produce, enjoy they look yummy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful, productive little tree! That is some harvest.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fruit trees are fickle - most go from feast to famine depending on the year, it seems. Congrats on your harvest - a feast year for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great crop of apples, a few crumbles and pies perhaps. I do like your blanket, lots of colour, glad you carried on xcx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your apples look excellent ...
    Enjoy them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow those apples look amazing. We’ve recently planted some fruit trees but they’ll be a while yet. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. That’s an impressive harvest. They look delicious!
    xx

    ReplyDelete