Sunday 30 October 2022

A Halloween Wedding

The skeletons are awakening at Lotherton Hall.

Waking from a long, long sleep.

Creeping from under the ground.

Be careful walking around the grounds or you might just lose your head.

We often visit Lotherton around Halloween. One of my past posts shows you a Spooky Halloween in the woods, but this year we decided to attend the wedding of  Lord Lesley and Lady Cynthia. They certainly arrived at the venue in style.

Come with me inside Lotherton Hall where we'll find out if it's death do them part or if there's too many skeletons in the closet.

There were quite a few unsavoury guests.

Other guests were a little more refined.

I think some guests were just taking advantage of the fire. No doubt it'll be back to hot water bottles when they go home, saving on the energy bills.

I'm not sure but I think this bird may have tweeted its last.

Lotherton always put on a fantastic Halloween event. This year, the Spooky Skeleton Trail is back throughout the estate, there's skeletons in the woods, the gardens, Wildlife World and the house. There's even the lost village of Lutherington. This year, there's also an after dark event, Skeleskare. The skeletons of Lotherton come to life! This event contains live actors, light and sound effects and is not suitable for under 8s or timid children. Eeek, what about timid adults.

13 comments:

  1. They really go to town there don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, I just loved your photographs and narration.
    It is so good that events like this are back after all the lockdowns and cancellations these past years due to Covid.

    I think Skeleskare would be quite spooky!

    Enjoy these last few days of October.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although Halloween has only become popular here in my adult years, I enjoy seeing a bit of spooky fun for a short period. I've loved seeing your Lotherton photos over the years & they sure think up some good themes. Have a good week, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures of the skeletons at Lotherton and I enjoyed your commentary very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness me, they do have a lot of skeletons. Makes you wonder where they keep them all when it's not Halloween! They'd need a lot of closets for them all! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy seeing your photographs from Lotherton Hall. They clearly put a lot of time and effort into their Hallowe'en decorating. I would love to visit there sometime. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wedding with a twist! Brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing display for Halloween. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant, I love all the spooky goings on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not really a big fan of Halloween. Having said that, this is quite clever and entertaining. My grown children would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL someone's had a lot of fun doing all that Halloween decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic post Jo, I loved reading this.

    ReplyDelete