I'm always pleased to hear that someone enjoys reading my blog, and it's extra special when I'm nominated for an award. I was given the Liebster Award twice last month, first from Jan at Life In Newcastle, and then again from Jem at Angel Jem's City Cottage. Thank you very much to both of you, it's very much appreciated.
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them.
List 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the questions set by the nominator(s).
Set 11 questions for those you nominate to answer.
Nominate 11 people with less than 300 followers and let them know that they've been nominated.
I've listed many random facts about myself previously and I can't remember what I've told you and what I haven't, so I may be repeating myself but here goes.
1) I've got an allotment and love to grow my own veggies.
2) I've developed a phobia of flying, though it never used to bother me at all. I'd much rather holiday in the UK now.
3) I've got a dog called Archie and I love to go walking with him.
4) I hate clothes shopping and am much happier in jeans than anything else (except my pj's).
5) My favourite subject at school was Maths, so it's not surprising that I worked for a bank (or two).
6) I would have loved to have had more children, but was unable to after undergoing chemotherapy.
7) I hate going to the hairdresser's, so I only have my hair cut a couple of times a year. I let it grow quite long and then have it cut rather short so I don't have to go again for a long time.
8) I've lived in Leeds all my life and can't imagine living anywhere else, except perhaps The Yorkshire Dales, my very favourite place.
9) I was born on my Nana's birthday.
10) I passed my driving test on my first attempt, but hate driving. I only ever drive close to home.
11) I got married when I was 21. It will be our 23rd wedding anniversary in July.
1) What's your favourite perfume?
I love Ysatis by Givenchy. I've used it since I was in my teens, but wear something a bit less expensive, like Anais Anais, for everyday.
2) Why do you read other people's blogs?
My official answer is for inspiration, there's so many clever people who write blogs, but really it's because I'm nosey.
3) What's your favourite activity in the week?
It's not really an activity. The thing I look forward to most is spending time with my family on a weekend.
4) What's your favourite meal of the day and why?
It's got to be my evening meal. The rest of my meals aren't very exciting, a bowl of muesli for breakfast and a sandwith for lunch.
5) Where do you want to be in 5 years time?
I don't really think about the future, there's so many things which could change between now and then.
6) If you could leave your life today, where would you go?
I wouldn't leave my life today, I love being a wife and mum.
7) What's your favourite dessert?
I don't really have a favourite, but anything chocolatey.
8) Have you got something you regret?
I regret ever having started smoking, though I managed to stop three years ago.
9) Have you got any dreams?
Only to win the lottery so that Mick could stop working and stay at home with me. My dreams are for my children, I dream that they can have a long, happy and healthy life.
10) What's your favourite song or piece of music?
I enjoy musical theatre. The CD in my player at the moment is the soundtrack from Les Miserables.
11) What's your strongest memory of your school days?
I have lots of memories, but I particularly remember being in tears on my last day at middle school as our little group of friends were all going off to different high schools.
1) What was the best advice anyone ever gave you?
Listen to your heart. It's usually right.
2) What clothing do you like best?
Jeans and pj's. (Not together) (See above)
3) Where would you like your heart to be buried? (like Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee)
I don't want any part of me to be buried, I'd rather be cremated.
4) How do you prefer your eggs?
I love eggs and don't mind how they're cooked. I had scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast this morning, and poached eggs on toast for breakfast yesterday.
5) What was your favourite toy when you were young?
Not really a toy, but I loved my bike. I must have done miles on it.
6) Who would you like to be stuck on a desert island with?
Definitely Mick, we haven't been married for 22 years for nothing.
7) Why did you pick your blog name or online name?
I have another blog, The Good Life, which is all about gardening and my allotment. That was named after the television programme of the seventies. When I came to start this blog, I decided to carry on the theme and named it after another television programme. I thought it was appropriate as I'm inviting my readers to take a peep in to my home life. Little did I know that many Google searches would be from people hoping to peep at something a little different through a keyhole.
8) Do you have a favourite cocktail?
I don't like cocktails. I drink either white wine or, very occasionally, lager.
9) What is your favourite time of year?
Definitely summer, I hate the cold.
10) What was the silliest thing anybody ever said to you?
I'm not sure, but it must have been something which Daniel or Eleanor said, they used to have me in stitches when they were little. I really wish that I'd kept a note of all the funny things they've said over the years.
11) When in history would you like to have lived? (you can take some modern conveniences with you if you like)
After researching my family history, I would love to go back to the beginning of the twentieth century when my grandparents were born and meet their parents and grandparents.
My 11 questions are:-
1) Who, from history, would you most like to meet?
2) What's your favourite day of the week, and why?
3) If you could have a super power, what would you choose?
4) What is your dream holiday destination?
5) What's your favourite television programme?
6) What was your favourite subject at school?
7) Who was your teenage crush?
8) What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
9) Starter or dessert?
10) Red wine or white wine?
11) What would you like to be remembered for?
The bloggers I would like to pass the award on to are:-
June from Cats, Dogs and Eiderdowns
Lisa from Jumble and Jelly
Anne from Marmalade and Catmint
Cheryl from My Little Piece of England
Sft from Life After Mortgage
Jan from Stand and Stare
Gillian from Tales From A Happy House
Karen from Use It Up, Wear It Out
Tammy from My Journey
Amanda from Eight by Six
Gail from Amongst The Wool
I know that some of you have already had the award, and that some of you don't accept awards. Please don't feel obliged to accept the award or blog about it, I just want you all to know that I enjoy reading your blogs.
Thank you again to Jan and Jem for these awards, I'm very grateful.
Congratulations on winning your award. I can identify with quite a few of your random facts - I hate the hairdressers, I was married in July, I don't like flying, my favourite subject was Maths plus more.ReplyDelete
Love from Mum
Congrats on your awards! So deserved.ReplyDelete
I will happily accept the Liebster award.
I have had it before but I think it's an honour to have been asked.
I don't like the hairdressers much, lovely people but on a different planet and I don't like having to stare at myself for hours either.
Thank you for answering my questions :-) As I am super nosey (he he!) I enjoyed reading the answers and I relate to so many of the things you said! Jan xReplyDelete
Thank you for thinking of me and nominating me. Like those above, there are so many things you've said that I can identify with :) xxReplyDelete
Congratulations on your award Jo.ReplyDelete
I always think that posts like this are difficult to write but such fun to read.
I got married at 21 too, although a few years before you did :)
Congratulations on your awards, Jo. Well deserved! It was nice to learn more about you. :o)ReplyDelete
Hi Jo! Congratulations on your award! Thank-you for thinking of me! I was reading your post and then saw my blog on the list, wow what a nice surprise!! Very unexpected since I just started back blogging. I liked reading your answers, I was married at 20,(we are coming up for our 21st)and love my jeans, but maths was one of my worst subjects.ReplyDelete
Congrats on your award and thank you so much for passing on to me.ReplyDelete
Love reading more about my bloggy friends!
Congrats on the award and for passing it on. I will reply shortly ... on mine!ReplyDelete
Well deserved, and an enjoyable post! Flighty xxReplyDelete
Thank you very much for nominating me. I will do my best to reply sensibly in the next few days!!! JxReplyDelete
Thanks Jo, I'm going to have to really rack my brains!! Actually I think you might have nominated me before for this award, or vice versa!! I accidentally took the logo off my blog a couple of months back!!ReplyDelete
Thank you very much Jo, that is so kind of you.ReplyDelete
I loved reading your eleven facts and your answers. I did laugh out loud at your comment about getting google searches from unwanted people looking for a different keyhole. I am hopeless at going to the hairdressers and always leave it far too long.
Thank you for all your lovely comments. I enjoy these type of awards where you have to answer questions, but they're very time comsuming.ReplyDelete
Thank you Jo for the nomination. I'm like you and love to be nosey on other peoples blogs. Loved reading all you answers. Feel like I know you a little more as a person. Thanks again xxReplyDelete
You're welcome. I enjoy reading these kind of posts too.ReplyDelete