Monday 25 March 2024

V-Stitch Blanket

I've had this, and more, Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino yarn in my stash for such a long time. Made from 55% Merino Wool, 33% Acrylic and 12% Cashmere it really is the softest, squishiest yarn ever and really cried out to be made into a baby blanket. It's another thing I made last year.

I chose these eight shades: Candy Pink, Pool, Peach Melba, Speedwell, Mist, Bamboo, Baby Blue and Lilac. I later added Light Blue for the border.

I've never crocheted the V-stitch before but it's been on my radar for the longest time. I've had a V-stitch blanket in my sights but like many things, it's just been an idea, something I've wanted to do in the future, so when I thought of crocheting a baby blanket, the V-stitch was the first thing which popped into my mind.

I can't remember now how many chains I started with but I crocheted seven repeats of the eight colours and then added a border of two rounds of double crochet. It measures 28" by 23".

I'm so pleased with how it turned out. It's so soft and drapey and I think it will work well in a pram or car seat.

9 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and perfect for a baby, I love the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty and just begs to be handled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baby blanket and I love the colours. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours that you've chosen Jo, the finished blanket looks good. I bought a couple of balls of Debble Bliss baby cashmerino yarn. It is lovely and soft... sadly the colours I chose (bold & bright) are discontinued.

    Ps I've re-started the 'Five on Friday' link party (from Tricky's blog) if you or your readers are interested. Take care. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the colors! I think I have the first book in the Seven Sisters series so I'll find that and start it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely Jo, I love the colours ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really pretty and will be so useful, I'm sure.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely looking blanket, the colours look very nice together.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, I bet you made that in no time using the V stitch and changing the colours each now. Stripes always seemed to spur me on.

    ReplyDelete