Thursday 7 March 2024

Exciting News!

I've been keeping a little secret. I'm going to be a Grandma!

Eleanor and Jacob are expecting a baby in June. As you can imagine, we're all very excited, we haven't had a baby in the family for many years so it will be very spoilt. I've been bursting to tell everyone but we've kept the news to family and close friends until now, and they haven't known very long either.

They don't want to find out whether it's a girl or a boy before the birth so it's going to be a lovely surprise for us all. It does mean that I'm having to knit gender neutral things but I couldn't resist a little pair of pink and a little pair of blue socks. I don't think Eleanor's really into pink for a girl and blue for a boy anyway so I don't think colours will matter very much.

Eleanor was only twelve when I started this blog and I know that many of you have been with me since then so you'll have seen her grow up, leave school, go to university, get married, and now you join us in this next step of her life, becoming a mum. The time has gone so quickly, I can't believe that Mick and I are onto the next phase of our own lives, becoming grandparents. 

Eleanor and Jacob will be brilliant parents, I know, and the baby is going to be very lucky to have them as their mum and dad.

20 comments:

  1. How wonderful - congratulations to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when the parents wait until the birth for the gender of the baby, both my daughters did the same, congratulations, it's a wonderful club to be in, grandparents. Keep knitting granny to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It's so hard to keep exciting news secret. You're going to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congratulations to you all! What an exciting time to come. You'll be fantastic grandparents.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such exciting news! Congrats to Jacob and Eleanor and you two too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun being a grandparent - congratulations to you all

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you and Eleanor and Jacob. That is really lovely news. Every good wish to you all for the future with little one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! What wonderful news!!! Congratulations to you all. Yes the baby will be very loved and spoilt by you all. You will be knitting for England now.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exciting news, indeed! Good Luck to the young couple and family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news! Congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is wonderful exciting news.
    Congratulations to you all.

    I do like the pink and blue socks and wonderful to see the scan picture.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, that's absolutely fantastic! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fabulous, congratulations to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to you and the new to be parents, not long till June!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, fantastic news x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So excited to hear your news, can't wait to see your new addition and all the clothes you'll be making for them. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Jo what lovely news I'm so happy for you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations again Jo, you are going to love being a grandparent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's fantastic news! Congratulations to the whole family. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such wonderful news! Congratulations to everyone!

    ReplyDelete