Tuesday 26 April 2022

Moving House

I'm going to be taking a short break from blogging as we're moving house this week. 

It's been on the cards for quite some time. The house went up for sale over three years ago but we took it off the market again when my mum died. Then we put it back up for sale and had to take it down again when my dad died. Then we got another sale and the housing market slowed down because of the pandemic and we just couldn't find a house we wanted to move to. Finally, something came on the market which we were interested in and we put in an offer in November but there was a problem at the top of the chain which has taken all this time to sort out. We've been living in a kind of limbo not wanting to do much to the house we're in now or spend money on it because we knew we'd be selling it at some point.

We've lived in our present home for over twenty eight years, we've spent most of our married life here, so it's going to be a big change for us. I'm happy to be moving but I'll be taking some happy memories with me, times we've spent in the house with loved ones who are no longer with us, and of course, bringing our new born babies home from the hospital to this house, and the memories of them growing up here.

The last few weeks have been a frenzy of packing boxes and all the admin associated with a house move, but we've still got lots to do and I know I'm going to be very busy when we get to the new house.

I'll be back when we get settled in.

29 comments:

  1. I hope your house move goes well. Moving home will be quite an upheaval and then getting settled into your new home. You will take all your good memories with you to your new home x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with the move - hope you are soon settled into your new home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move Jo, it's going to be a big upheaval but hopefully you'll soon be settled in to the new one. If you are downsizing, it must be difficult to get rid of the things you've had for so long plus your parents' things but maybe you are going bigger so that you can get even more things in! See you on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh exciting! I wish you all the very best Jo. I hope it all works out smoothly. Love to you all. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your move, exciting times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the move, Jo. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. You'll soon be building lots of new memories in your new home. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the move Jo, I hope it all goes smoothly. I'm sure you will be very happy in your new home and make lots of new memories. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck either the move, Jo. Wishing you all the best in your new home 🏡 💜 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting, we have lived here since 1965, a long time. I would have loved to move but I think I shall be here until the end now, lol
    Hope the move goes nice and smoothly for you.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. An exciting new chapter for you, although I imagine it will be a wrench to leave your current home.
    I hope the move goes smoothly for you. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope all goes well. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the very best for your move and your new adventure, memories will go with you, new beginnings will spring from the heart, daunting, but so exciting too, take care xcx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope all goes well with the move, looking forward to sharing some pictures at a later date. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the same thing about the house we brought our newborn babies home to!!! I thought it was just me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Jo how exciting, but I know only too well how stressful a house move can be. I hope all goes to plan and you get nicely settled in no time. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a big change for you. I hope it all goes smoothly for you and looking forward to hearing all about the move and your new house.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tried to leave a comment last night, but it wouldn't take one, so I rang instead, but this one should be ok now. Have a safe move & we'll talk soon. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with the move Jo, I hope everything goes smoothly for you and I wish you well in your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best wishes for an easy move. We moved last summer after 23 years in one house and well, let's say, it got a little tense around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good luck with your move and happy settling into your new home.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. How exciting - congratulations! I don't envy you when it comes to the actual moving bit. The few times we've moved, it always seemed that the packing up/unpacking took so much longer than we anticipated. It is a great opportunity to declutter and start fresh - can't wait to read all about it once you you settle in.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope the move to a new house goes smoothly. There'll be a lot to do I know so understand that you'll need to take a break from blogging. I look forward to your return when you've settled.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow.Sending lot of good luck to you in your New Home hope the move goes smoothly.We also spent about the same amount of years in our last house.As you say lots of memories good and not so good.xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on getting the house you want and best of luck with all that needs to be done. Moving is no easy task. Try not to over due. We'll leave the light on for you and look forward to your return.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just stopping by to wish you happiness in your new home, Jo. Looking forward to seeing pictures when you return to blogging. P. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just waving hello as I make my blog rounds. Hope the move is going well for you.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope the move went well. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete