Thursday 5 December 2019

Freeing Grace

Charity Norman has written five books, I've now read all of them and enjoyed every one. Freeing Grace was her debut novel.


"Grace's teenage mother dies shortly after giving birth and the perfect adoptive parents are found for her. Until, that is, Matt, Grace's shell-shocked young father, falls in love with his daughter and decides to keep her. A thought provoking story exploring the sacrifices we make for family and what it takes to be a good parent."

This book wasn't what I expected it to be. After reading the blurb I was anticipating a tug-of-war story over a baby, however, this tale was so much more. Back stories of several characters are explored as are family dynamics, and the story twists and turns throughout the pages.

I think the characters were well developed, though not always likeable, and I was kept guessing right to the end.

I'm thrilled to discover that a new book by Charity Norman is due out next year, I'm a big fan and would definitely recommend all her books.

19 comments:

  1. I've read a couple of Charity Norman books and really enjoyed them. I always look for them in second hand shops but people must hang on to them because i never seem to come across any. I'll have to remember to look out for this one and the new one next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've found any of her books in charity shops either. See You in September is my favourite of hers, but I've really enjoyed them all.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to find a book, you like so much, that you can't wait for the next.

    😊🎄😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I've enjoyed all that this author has brought out so far.

      Delete
  3. I think I may have read one by this author but I can't remember the name of it or may be I've just seen her books pop up on my kindle. May have to search this one out Jo.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can recommend all of her books, but the stand out one for me is See You in September.

      Delete
  4. I do love it when I find an author whom I love, especially when they go on to write more books. Thank you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several authors who I really enjoy and I wait for them releasing something new, this is one of those authors.

      Delete
  5. I've not read any of her books … I think I may try one soon :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do give one of them a go, I've enjoyed them all.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's an excellent read, I'd definitely recommend it.

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much, Jo! Really appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all your books and can't wait to read the next one which is due out next year. Many thanks for your comment.

      Delete
    2. Well, that's wonderful. I hope you like the next one too. Happy Christmas!

      Delete
    3. Thank you, happy Christmas to you too.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete