Friday 29 September 2017

Raindrops On Roses - September

These are a few of my favourite things.


Seals. Horsey Gap has to be the highlight of my month. Not only was it the favourite bit of my holiday in Norfolk, it's the thing which has stuck out during September. If I ever get the chance to go back again, I'll be there like a shot.


Ice Cream. I'm not usually a lover of ice cream but I make an exception when I go away on holiday. It has to be hard ice cream, I really don't like soft, whippy, ice cream, and usually vanilla.


Yarn festivals. I visited Yarndale last Saturday, it's the fourth time I've been to this particular festival and it seems to get bigger and better every year. I'll tell you more about my day in a forthcoming post.


Imperial Leather raspberry and pomegranate shower gel. I don't usually use shower gel, I have sensitive skin so I stick with a soap which I know I'm fine with, but if I do deviate, it's usually for something with a citrusy scent. I saw this shower gel on the supermarket shelf and it lured me into having a whiff of it, I was sold. Though it's not something I'd usually buy I can see it becoming a regular in my shopping basket. It's got a fruity scent and smells good enough to eat.


My birthday. I celebrated away from home this year, it was my birthday at the beginning of the month when we were on holiday in Norfolk. I got some wonderful gifts, including a beautiful swift and a wool winder. Actually, I think Mick had an ulterior motive for buying me these, I usually ask him to hold my skeins of yarn on his outstretched hands whilst I wind them into balls. I'll be able to wind them myself now. Can you see the cute novelty cake and biscuit stitch markers and needle keeper from Chapel View Crafts? Eleanor bought me these and I'm so pleased with them. They've been on my wish list for quite some time and they didn't disappoint. I got lots of other lovely gifts too, and money so I can treat myself, I was thoroughly spoilt.

What favourites do you have this month? How about joining me and writing a post about them?

32 comments:

  1. Nice post and pictures. You've certainly chosen some good favourite things this month. I'm with you on the ice cream. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very rare I eat ice cream unless I'm on holiday but I go a bit mad then as I seem to get a taste for it.

      Delete
  2. My favourite things for this month must be all the food I've managed to prep ready for winter. Ive amazed myself how well the garden has done from such a small area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be lovely having a taste of summer in the depths of winter. Your store cupboards must be bulging with all the food you've managed to store away.

      Delete
  3. Belated Birthday wishes, such lovely gifts you were certainly spoilt. The seals are a joy my daughter takes the boys there on a regular basis, they love seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish I lived closer to Horsey Gap, it would be a regular outing for me too, such a wonderful place.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you. I was thoroughly spoilt with all the lovely gifts I received.

      Delete
  5. A belated happy birthday, lovely gifts. Your shower gel sounds refreshing, nice to have something to ring the changes. Look forward to hearing all about Yarndale xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm enjoying the shower gel, it's nice to be able to use something a little different and pamper myself for once.

      Delete
  6. Those are good favourites again this month, Jo. Your shower gel sounds very edible! :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shower gel smells good enough to eat, it's not wise to get a shower when I'm hungry.

      Delete
  7. How lovely. One day I'll get to Yarndale but until then I'll look forward to reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed visiting Yarndale again and I may have made a few purchases, I'll tell you all about it in my forthcoming post.

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful month you've had! You will LOVE the swift and yarn winder. I was not so lucky as to receive them as gifts - unless a gift to myself counts ;) I find winding skeins of yarn into a ball quite relaxing and a little bit addictive. I will often wind a few balls even when I don't need them at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already tried out the swift and yarn winder, it's so much easier than winding yarn into balls without them, a job I can't say I enjoyed. It's so much quicker now.

      Delete
  9. I'm with you on the ice cream. I can't stand the whippy stuff - makes me gag! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eleanor's the opposite, she enjoys whippy ice cream and doesn't like hard ice cream, yet she likes tubs of Ben & Jerry's so I can't see what the difference is.

      Delete
  10. Don't seals have beautiful eyes. I'm afraid September this year hasn't held much in the way of favourite things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have beautiful eyes, it's like you can see right into their souls. I'm sorry to hear that, I hope everything's okay.

      Delete
  11. I'm with you on the ice cream, not into Mr Whippy at all. If I have icecream, I like Cornish icecream with the butter and the cream. yum yum yum!
    Happy belated birthday. Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely. I'm a big fan of Cornish ice cream too. Thank you.

      Delete
  12. Very thoughtful gifts from your family, I'm sure they will get plenty of use.
    I can understand why the seals shone out, such beautiful creatures.
    I will look out for that shower gel sounds really fruity.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swift and yarn winder will definitely get plenty of use, I've got lots of skeins of yarn in my stash which need winding before they can be used. I love seals but I don't think anyone could visit that beach without being totally amazed by the sight, it was just fabulous. The shower gel is very fruity, it smells good enough to eat.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. They certainly stop me having aching arms, that's for sure.

      Delete
  14. Those seals would have to be my faves! I like hard ice cream too. Some lovely images here.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seals were definitely the highlight of my month. I rarely eat ice cream usually but it's something I enjoy when I'm on holiday.

      Delete
  15. Some beautiful favourites Jo - I just love those seals.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I hope I can return to that beach to see them all again.

      Delete