Sunday 3 September 2017

50 Before 50 - Update 2

I started my 50 Before 50 list on my 48th birthday, you can see the list and read about it in my 50 Before 50 - Part One and 50 Before 50 - Part Two posts. After six months I wrote my 50 Before 50 - Update 1 post and as today is my 49th birthday, it's exactly a year since I started the list so it's time for another update.

I don't take very much exercise, walking is really my limit so I thought it important to add something a little more energetic to the list. Start swimming regularly is number 2 on the list and I made a start back in April, I wrote my Swimming post about it. It all went slightly awry at the end of May and beginning of June when I was ill, I stopped swimming altogether but I'm back to it again now, though not quite as regularly. Still, it's more exercise than I was getting before I started swimming and I'm hoping to get back into a regular habit.

Number 6 on the list is Visit Wales and that's what we did back in March. We only stayed for a couple of nights but we had a fabulous time and it's somewhere I'd definitely like to visit again. You can read all about it in my Weekending In Wales post.


I've been wanting to read Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte for years now and I finally got round to it. You can read what I thought of it, along with a few facts about the book, in my Wuthering Heights post. That's number 9 crossed off the list.

Number 11 on the list is Fly a kite. We had a lot of fun with this one, trying to get it up in the air, which we finally managed. You can read all about it in my Let's Go Fly A Kite post.


Whilst in Wales I was able to cross number 18 off the list, Try a food I've never tried before. The hotel where we stayed provided a lovely full Welsh breakfast each morning and though I asked for mine without the black pudding, it was still on my plate when the waitress brought it out. I decided I'd give it a go and though I managed about half of it, it's not something I'll be in a hurry to eat again.

I also tried scallops for the first time and wrote about that in my These Are Not Just Yellow Stickers post. So that's two things I've never tried before and number 18 is well and truly ticked off.


More recently, I visited the White Horse of Kilburn and though I didn't manage to touch it, I got pretty close so I'm counting that as number 22 done. You can read about that in my Horsing Around post.

Visit a craft show is number 47 on the list. I've visited Yarndale in the past and again just after I started this list but I wanted to try out some other shows too. Spring Into Wool is a new show which has popped up this year and is held close to home at The Grammar School at Leeds. I visited in April and you can read all about it in my Spring Into Wool 2017 post.

So I'm half way through now, yet I've still got way more than half of the list to complete. Time to get a move on methinks.

Don't forget, if you haven't already entered my giveaway, you've got until midday on Sunday the 10th of September 2017 to do so, just leave a comment on my Seventh Blog Anniversay Giveaway And Another Holiday post.

27 comments:

  1. Eating black pudding and scallops - rather you than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Jo. I hope you have a wonderful day! You're getting on really well with your 50before50 list. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a happy birthday, glad you are doing well on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, you are making good progress on your list. I remember when you first posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doing well, and it's been interesting seeing what you've done. Fly a kite is the one that made me smile. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Jo - you've been a busy girl! Good for you accomplishing all the things on your list!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very Happy Birthday to you Jo! 🎂
    You're doing really well with your list and I'm cheering you on to complete the rest before this time next year. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Setting ourselves these little challenges adds up to making some great memories as well as some lovely days out!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am impressed you have done as much as you have. Great idea. Thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday and well done on achieving so much on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have achieved so much already, so good luck with the rest of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! I hope you are having a great holiday :-)
    You have managed to cross so many things off your list already, I enjoy reading about your little challenges, such a great idea to set little achievable goals like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Age is really a number. It's all about perspective. What is youth if you just waste it away doing nothing anyway?

    This is beautiful. I hope to age as beautifully as you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated happy birthday & I didn't send an email as I knew you were out of touch. Hope the day was lovely & my card came today. Thank you. Do you think I should do a list of 70 before '70'. I've a few bucket list entries and am working on one hopefully to come to a climax soon. I love your list & think I'll pop on over & take another look. Have a good week & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOu have just reminded me of our kite, still in the packet that we have never used, must get it out.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many happy returns of the day1 It must feel good to get things ticked off on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday Jo, thanks for the sock patterns recommendations, I appreciate it. After a quick fitting for M, it seems the leg part of the sock on the needles is a bit loose. Not the rib, that's ok. I'm going to finish it now but have noted down the above and will try again on the next pair. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you had a marvellous birthday ...
    Hope you are enjoying your holiday ...

    My good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have accomplished so much already! I think I've missed a couple of the posts that you mentioned above so I'll have to go back and give them a read. Sending you a whole lot of birthday wishes, a bit late but still very much heartfelt. <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Black pudding isn't something I fancy either! Hmmm... Maybe I should do '40 before 40', only I haven't a clue what I'd do! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope your birthday was truly wonderful, Jo. You must be proud of yourself for crossing off nearly half of your list. Quite an achievement. And we get to enjoy some great posts! P. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Belated happy birthday, I hope you had a good one. You are certainly powering through your list! I wish I could swim, good luck getting back into your routine.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope you had a wonderful birthday while you're away on holiday. It's great how many list goals you've crossed off already xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a wonderful list. And you're already accomplishing so much! I've been meaning to start Withering Heights for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very belated birthday wishes to you Jo.
    You're doing really well with crossing things off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Seems like you are doing well, I love other peoples things to do lists , as it often makes me want to give some of their things a ago. Maybe I should re ignite my 60 before 60 list! I have gone past the 50 milestone !

    ReplyDelete