Wednesday 7 January 2015

The Twelve Days Of Christmas

You may remember back on my Unexpected Gifts post that I mentioned the Twelve Days Of Christmas swap that Lisa from Jumble and Jelly and I had decided to do. You can see the twelve parcels which Lisa sent me in that post.

I had a few people ask me to show what was inside the wrapping so here we go.

On the first day of Christmas Lisa sent to me:-
A Christmas pudding brooch and a chocolate coin. The brooch is so cute and it will be worn all through next Christmas.


On the second day of Christmas Lisa sent to me:-
Mini Christmas list pegs and three chocolate coins. Lisa knows how I like to be organised so these little pegs will stand me in good stead.


On the third day of Christmas Lisa sent to me:-
A keyring and two chocolate coins. I've just had some new keys cut, goodness knows what happened to the ones I had but they've gone missing somehow, so this lovely keyring will keep the new ones safe.


On the fourth day of Christmas Lisa sent to me:-
My Sister Eileen DVD and four chocolate coins. I've never seen this film but it's got some good reviews online so I'm looking forward to watching it. It's a musical so it fits in to my favourite genre very well.


On the fifth day of Christmas Lisa sent to me:-
HEMA washi tape and two chocolate coins. I love this tape, perfect for jazzing up my Filofax.


On the sixth day of Christmas Lisa sent to me:-
A writing set and four chocolate coins. I'm a sucker for nice stationery and this fits the bill perfectly. I'd recently run out of my nice writing paper so this came in the nick of time.


On the seventh day of Christmas Lisa sent to me:-
A pair of socks and a Flump. I never wear plain socks, I always have a picture on them so these are right up my street and Flumps are very popular in our house so I've had to hide this so that I can sit down on my own and savour it.


On the eighth day of Christmas Lisa sent to me:-
A heart hanger and two chocolate coins. A beautiful sentiment, I'm still thinking about the perfect place to hang it.


On the ninth day of Christmas Lisa sent to me:-
An alphabet stamp set and two chocolate coins. I used to make cards and I've also dabbled with scrapbooking, something I'd like to take up again so this stamp set will come in very useful for that.


On the tenth day of Christmas Lisa sent to me:-
A Christmas bauble filled with little chocolate Christmas puddings. I shall refill this with chocolates and hang it on the tree next Christmas.


On the eleventh day of Christmas Lisa sent to me:-
Snowfall in Burracombe by Lilian Harry, a Dogs & Puppies bookmark calendar and three chocolate coins. The book sounds really good and it's got excellent reviews online too. I love the bookmark calendar, there's a different bookmark for each month of the year and I was pleased to see that there's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel on one of them.


On the twelfth day of Christmas Lisa sent to me:-
A sticky note pad and four chocolate coins. I go through so many sticky notes in my Filofax so these are great, especially as they're so cute.


So there you have it, haven't I done well? Twelve fabulous gifts and all that choccy too. It's been fun opening a gift each day for twelve days after Christmas, it's prolonged the festivities here.


Thank you so much, Lisa, I'm thrilled to bits with every single gift.

40 comments:

  1. What a lovely selection of gifts ~ it's such a great idea for a swap too :O)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Lisa who came up with the idea for the swap, I'm so pleased she did as it's a lovely idea and it's kept Christmas alive here in to the new year.

      Delete
  2. What fab gifts - how has the chocolate survived so long. Mine would have been eaten on the day of opening each gift!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa's been so generous, I love everything I received. I must admit that I've been very tempted to start eating the chocolate but I wanted to photograph everything together so I managed to resist.

      Delete
  3. What lovely gifts Jo. I must have missed the post that talked about joining in with twelve days of xmas. Will definitely have to keep an eye out for one this year as I would love to take part in one. Lisa included some really nice things. I was given one of the bookmark calendars for xmas isn;t it lovely and I must admit the first thing I did was look to see if a Cavie was included. I have seen Lilian Harry's book on the supermarket shelf but so far resisted so would like to see what you think of it. Happy New Year to you and yours by the way did Eleanor get her camera?,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This little swap was one which Lisa and I arranged between ourselves but it's worked so well that I might just organise one for next Christmas in which other bloggers can take part. It was so exciting openening each gift and knowing that there was another to open the following day. I see that Lilian Harry's book is part of a series so I may just read the whole collection, I like books like this which can be read as an ongoing saga or as a standalone book. Thank you. Happy new year to you and your family too. Eleanor did get her camera, she's very pleased wtih it. We went for the Panasonic DMC-FZ72EB-K which is a bridge camera and has a fabulous 60X zoom. It takes brilliant photos.

      Delete
  4. Great gifts, it looked like a lovely swap to take part in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased with everything I received. It was only a swap between ourselves but I'm so pleased that Lisa came up with the idea.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Didn't you do well, what a fabulous selection of goodies and also a brilliant idea, I think I will do this for my grandaughter this year. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did so well, such wonderful gifts. It's a fabulous idea, I think your grandaughter would love to be opening presents twelve days after the big day.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful gift selection, it's little wonder that you enjoyed them. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa chose some really lovely things for me, I'm very lucky.

      Delete
  7. Wow, what a fun and generous swap to participate in. I really like everything you received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. Lisa knows me really well as they're all things I would have chosen myself.

      Delete
  8. Great gifts and have you eaten all the chocolate?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good idea and what fab things Lisa sent you. It certainly stretches out the festivities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, it's been lovely opening a gift each day right up to this week.

      Delete
  10. Lovely presents! And anything that stretches Christmas is good by me! We (I get for the children) do between, but not as far as 12th night. I think my imagination would fade before the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been collecting the gifts for Lisa's Twelve Days of Christmas gifts right through the year. I was looking for bits and pieces while I was on holiday even.

      Delete
  11. Wow, who's a lucky girl? What a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely me. It's a great idea, I've really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I've received some lovely things, I'm so pleased that Lisa came up with this idea.

      Delete
  13. Wow, what a lovely lot of gifts. Now, I've never heard of a Flump, so may I ask what it is? You should like the Lillian Harry book, though I've never read that one, but a couple of others. I'm amazed the chocolates have survived within the family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A flump is a marshmallow sweet, we're all very fond of them in our house. The Lilian Harry book sounds like the kind I like to read so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I've been very good with the chocolate, I wanted to save it so that I could photograph everything together and I managed it.

      Delete
  14. Lovely thoughtful gifts, Jo. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell that Lisa has thought about what she's bought, all things she knows I'll like and which will be useful.

      Delete
  15. What fabulous lovely things! I am sure that you send lovely things too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they. Lisa was happy with the gifts I sent to her so I'm pleased about that.

      Delete
  16. What a lovely idea, and such thoughtful gifts too 😊 Happy new year! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been really fun to do, looking for the gifts to give and opening the ones which Lisa sent. Thank you. Happy new year to you too.

      Delete
  17. Hi Joanne, its been awhile since I have been to blog land. Your posts all look good, I am sure you are going to enjoy your kindle and all your surprises in the post were great. I like this idea of 12 days of Christmas, will be a great one to do with my sister since we don't live near each other. Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving my Kindle already, I can see that it will be very well used. The Twelve Days of Christmas is such a good idea, I've loved it all from choosing the gifts to send to opening the ones which Lisa sent to me.

      Delete
  18. A great way to extend Christmas - such lovely and thoughful presents to receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Christmas was going on forever, so many gifts to open right the way in to the new year, it's been lovely.

      Delete
  19. What a lovely way to stretch Christmas... and Lisa sent some really thoughtful gifts. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think Christmas was ever going to end this year, I love everything which Lisa sent.

      Delete
  20. What lovely gifts and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very lucky to receive such thoughtful gifts. I'm wearing the socks today, they're keeping my feet warm.

      Delete