Saturday 21 December 2013

A Christmas Cracker Of A Concert

We went to see Eleanor in her school Christmas concert on Thursday evening. Well, I say we. Mick was helping my parents with a furniture delivery and knew he'd be a bit late, but didn't mind as we thought that Eleanor was performing near the end. When I got there and looked at the programme, Eleanor was listed as third, and Mick ended up missing her. I'm just hoping that I can find someone who videoed it so that Mick gets to see her.


The concert was titled Our Christmas Cracker, and it was. There were performances from different music classes and music groups and bands, all from Eleanor's school. Eleanor performed with her Year 11 GCSE Group. The first song was I Don't Know How To Love Him from Jesus Christ Superstar which Eleanor sang solo with musicians from the group backing her, and the second song they did was Run Run Rudolph, a song originally released by Chuck Berry, which she sang as a duet with one of her friends, again with musicians backing them.

Other performances were by a brass group, the school orchestra, a concert band, a string band, a folk group, other exam classes and even a steel band.

I really miss watching nativity plays since Daniel and Eleanor left primary school, but I'm so pleased that Eleanor's musical so I have something to attend at school during the Christmas period.

16 comments:

  1. Going to a concert or play where children and young people are performing is so enjoyable and when your own children are taking part it's even better. I hope someone did video the Christmas concert as it's a shame that your husband missed Eleanor's solo and duet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true, the magic of the stage really shows in children and young people. It's the first time that Mick has missed a show which Eleanor's been in but it couldn't be helped.

      Delete
  2. You must be so proud of Eleanor and it's a shame Mick missed the performance. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're really proud of Eleanor, I don't know where she gets her nerve (or her voice) from. We're hoping that someone may have videoed her performance, it would be great if Mick could see it.

      Delete
  3. It is a shame that Mick missed Eleanor's performance, but at least you made it for her. I'm glad that it went really well. It sounds as though she did some great numbers! I hope that you track down a video of the event. Happy Christmas to you and yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a real shame he missed it but he managed to see the rest of the performances. I enjoyed the songs she sang and the rest of the groups performed some great numbers too. Thank you, Happy Christmas to you and yours too.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you both really enjoyed yourselves. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy seeing children perform at Christmas so we did have a good time, it's just a shame that Mick missed seeing Eleanor.

      Delete
  5. Hi Jo, just did a catch up with your posts, your tree looks nice, I have yet to fill in any type of calendars yet but need to, some dates have already come in. I like the pom-poms the colors are so bright! Glad you enjoyed yourself at Eleanor's show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to get a diary earlier next year, I find I get appointments from about September onwards, perhaps the start of the school year would be a good time to get one. I love school events at this time of year, I'll be very sad when Eleanor leaves and I have nothing left to go to.

      Delete
  6. It's so magical to see your children perform no matter what age they are......you must be so proud of Eleanor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is. We're so proud of Eleanor, I know I wouldn't be able to stand on stage and sing in front of an audience, I don't know how she does it.

      Delete
  7. A very proud moment or two for you that night then. Such different songs but I bet Eleanor did a wonderful job.
    Fingers crossed Mick gets to hear her one way or another.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping that Mick gets to see her, she sang beautifully. They are such different songs and I was quite surprised how she sang Run Run Rudolph, I'm so used to hearing her sing classical or musical theatre, she did a brilliant job.

      Delete
  8. Love the Superstar songEleanor sang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely song. she's sung it a few times now at various events so it's one she's very familiar with.

      Delete