My finished item for July is the blanket which I started over a year ago. I got it completed just before my holiday, as the warmer weather came along, so it hasn't been in use yet.
I'm really pleased with it for a first attempt. There's things I would do differently next time, but overall I'm satisfied.
It's quite a large blanket. 10 squares by 14 and measuring about 55 inch by 77 inch. It will keep us toasty and warm in winter.
I used Stylecraft Special DK and it feels really soft. It will be easier to wash being made from an acrylic yarn. I chose the colours randomly, popping my hand in to the bag and using whichever colour I chose, I think it worked out pretty well that way.
I'm not too sure about the border. I did one round of double crochet, two rounds of treble crochet, then another round of double crochet. I don't know whether my tension is wrong or what, but it ruffles around the edge. I don't mind though, it doesn't really matter.
Eleanor's already asking if she can have it, so I may just have to crochet another one. I might be a bit quicker next time.