Wednesday 24 April 2024

Toadstools Romper

I saw that someone I follow on Instagram had knitted the Toadstools Romper by Julie Taylor for her granddaughter and I fell in love with it. It's the little embroidered toadstools on the front which do it for me. I didn't think a romper would be the kind of thing that Eleanor would like but when I showed the pattern to her she loved it and asked if I'd knit one for her.

Of course, I was only too happy to oblige, though I must say that the embroidery made me think twice as it's something I've never done before. The knitting part of the pattern was very easy, it's something a beginner knitter would have no trouble with, I'm sure, but as for the embroidery, well, I didn't even know where to start. 

The closest I've come to embroidery in the past is cross stitch so I was completely in the dark here, however, the pattern comes with videos explaining each stitch very clearly, and though I don't think my embroidery skills are up to par, I think I managed this little design adequately after muddling through.

I knit the romper in Drops Merino Cotton in the Sea Green colourway, I think it will be suitable for a girl or a boy, and I bought these little 20g balls of Sirdar Happy cotton with which to do the embroidery. I'm really happy with how this romper has turned out, isn't it cute.

I think it looks even cuter with a little T-shirt underneath.

11 comments:

  1. You have made a beautiful item for the baby, your embroidery is brilliant, it's not easy to do on knitted items as they stretch. The matching buttons finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so delightful and I love the toadstools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Well done with the embroidery, it looks very professional and sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cute and well done on the embroidery too.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The romper is adorable Jo and you did a great job with the embroidery. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jo, well done :)
    This romper suit is lovely, just love the sweet toadstools.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodnees it's adorable and you did a great job! I love embroidered children's clothes. It's going to be precious on your new grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cute Jo, well done on the embroidery too. Those little Sirdar Happy Cotton yarn balls are what I used for my Lent KAL dishcloth / mat. Very nice yarn.
    My boys had a few material romper suits that I loved. So nice and cool as apart from the nappy, the waste area feels less encumbered of layers x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just so sweet, no wonder Eleanor loved it. The mushrooms are a perfect touch. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job with this cute little jumper suit Jo. Absolutely love it and the design of the mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete