Monday 15 January 2024

Twelve Days Of Christmas 2023

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you'll know that my friend, Lisa and I have been swapping twelve small gifts each year, one to be opened on each of the twelve days of Christmas. This is now the tenth year that we've swapped gifts, it's a lovely tradition.

This is what I received from Lisa this year.

A closer look.

The Big Little Wedding in Carlton Square by Lilly Bartlett. I haven't read anything by this author before so I look forward to reading this. Gingerbread mug hangers to hang on the side of your hot chocolate mug, almost too cute to eat. The Big Cheesy Night In, well we all love cheese here, with the exception of Daniel, so this will be fun. Cheese themed quizzes, jokes and games. It's a long time since I've done any card making so these blank greeting cards may just get my creative juices flowing, and the craft bags will be brilliant to decorate.

A pretty water bottle, always handy for days out. Some gorgeous handmade pure natural essential oil bath bombs. They're so pretty and smell gorgeous, I can't wait to use these. A ceramic Happy coaster and a sachet of Galaxy hot chocolate, yum. Three Yankee Candle votives, each a Christmas scent: Mulled Wine, Warm Apple & Cinnamon, and Gingerbread. They smell delicious.

A pair of Christmas Up To Snow Good socks, they'll be sure to keep my feet warm. Some hand cream: Wild Meadow with notes of Apple Blossom and Violet Leaf, and In Bloom with notes of Jasmine and Freesia, don't they sound lovely. A note book and pen, always handy and just the right size to carry in my handbag, I'm always scrabbling around for a bit of paper and a pen when I'm out. Some of my favourite Green & Black's ginger chocolate.

Haven't I been spoilt. Thank you Lisa, I'm thrilled with all my gifts.

This is what I sent to Lisa.

A closer look.

A bit of a baking theme here. A set of three Christmas cake tins, there's two nestling inside the big one. I popped the tub of edible Christmas sprinkles inside too. A tropical cupcake set, you get the cases and the toppers. An eat, drink and be merry spatula with a gingerbread man cookie cutter, and a winter wonderland plate.

A tin of Scottish shortbread biscuits in a lovely nutcracker tin, I admit it was the tin which drew me to these. A bar of Cadbury's Snow Balls, who doesn't love this. Baylis & Harding hand cream in floral scents, and a pair of really squishy socks for the cold weather.

I always pop a Christmas book in the parcel, this year it's Christmas Wishes at the Chocolate Shop by Jessica Redland. I expect it's the usual boy meets girl at Christmas time but I enjoy a cosy romance to settle down with during the festive period so I hope Lisa does too. A ceramic tea cup bird feeder. I saw this and thought it looked so cute. Just imagine the birds feeding from a tea cup. A calligraphy set, something I've fancied having a go at myself but never have. A Winnie the Pooh weekly planner ready for the year ahead. I'm always a bit wary of buying people diaries in case they've already got one but this planner just has the days of the week printed so it can be used at any time.

Well it's been such a fun swap again. I enjoy looking for all the little gifts to include in the parcel just as much as I enjoy opening up a gift each day, and as I always say, it keeps the excitement of Christmas going right into January. Thanks again, Lisa.

11 comments:

  1. That's a lovely idea. You must know each other very well to be able to choose suitable gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun swap to have and what lovely gifts you exchanged.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely idea to share with a friend . You had some wonderful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You each got lots of lovely things. Everything looks so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely that you and Lisa continue to do this.

    The gifts you received from Lisa look lovely, as do the gifts you sent her. A very nice 'Twelve days of Christmas Swap'.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic or maybe that should be funtastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I left a comment, which again hasn't appeared. It must have been fun opening such delightful packages. Thanks for sharing, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea and you've kept it going for 10 years, thats some friend you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely swap! Long may it last.xxx

    ReplyDelete