Friday 5 January 2024

Advent Calendar 2023

This is the fifth year that I've had a yarny advent calendar. I had one from Josie at Beaches & Birdsong back in 2020 and I went with one from her again. This time each mini skein weighs 20g, I've always had 10g ones in the past. I thought having more yarn of each colour would give me more options when it comes to choosing what I'm going to use it for.

The theme of this advent calendar is The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. It was delivered on the 1st of November in plenty of time to start opening all the little packages at the start of December.

It was such a treat opening each little parcel, I couldn't be more happier with what I got. The colours are just beautiful and the yarn, as always when buying form Josie, is so squishy and soft. I haven't decided what I'm going to make yet but it will be an absolute pleasure to use this yarn.

And that wasn't all. There were also little treats added to some of the packages, sweeties, chocolate, stitch markers, a little tin to keep the stitch markers in, and even a sticker of a lion on the day I opened the Aslan colourway.

I'm still using up the yarn from previous year's advent calendars so I doubt this will be used in the very near future but I shall enjoy pondering on what I'm going to make with it.

21 comments:

  1. In my mind, that yarn is worthy of framing, lol I love it.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lovely selection of yarn - almost too pretty to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous yarn colours, all my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely mix of colors for your yarn advent. Some day I will have to buy an advent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! I'm generally pretty shy about 'mystery' things but this one looks like a total winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delightful. Can't wait to see what you're going to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the beautiful colored, soft yarn, and the little treats in the packages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does look a very nice selection of yarn, and I'm sure you will enjoy using it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely package Jo & I look forward to seeing what you do with some of the yarn. Great selection of extra goodies too. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've received some lovely colourways, Jo. I can't wait to see what you'll make with them. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful it all looks so exciting. I've been so pleased with my Advent Calendar toiletries plus there is the bonus that I smell so nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still have loads of 10g to use up, I purchased a few packs of 20g and found them much easier to use, I mixed them with plain colours in a Tunisian blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Jo, I love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fun advent calendar. Lovely colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful yarn colors! I especially like all the pastel colors. They remind me of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow how lovely to receive those little hanks of yarn and sweets too.. Hope you'll post when you use them to show us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Opening your advent calendar each day must have been fun. The yarn and extras would have added to the pleasure. I love the pretty colours of the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those colours are gorgeous. What a lovely Advent calendar. Hope you find a nice project to use them on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty yarn, must be fun to see what you get; but I can't think of what one would do with so little of each. Will be anxious to see what you come up with.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous colours, i love advents to use during December, but like you very often they get left unused for ages!

    ReplyDelete