Sunday 8 January 2023

Twelve Days Of Christmas 2022

As is now the norm, my lovely friend, Lisa, and I swapped twelve little gifts again, one to be opened on each of the twelve days of Christmas. This is the ninth year we've done this, it's become quite the tradition. I thought you'd like to see what each of us opened.

These are the gifts I received from Lisa.

Here's a closer look at them.

A Cath Kidston storage bag which will be so handy to store away the winter clothes once spring is here. Some Christmas microfibre cloths, cute gonks, they'll make me smile when I'm doing the dreaded cleaning at Christmastime. A bar of spiced apple soap in a tin, it smells delicious, almost good enough to eat. A shopping pad, two Christmas pencils and a foldable shopping bag. So handy as I always forget something when I go shopping, I really must get into the habit of writing a list.


A pack of 15 red berries Christmas scented tealights, I should imagine they'll make the house smell very festive. Two packs of notecards. Lisa knows I'm a letter writer so they'll come in very handy. A make your own pumpkin decorations kit, I'm really looking forward to getting started on these, though I think I'll wait until nearer pumpkin season before I do. A mini cross stitch kit. I didn't do any cross stitch at all last year but I want to get back to it again this year so this cute design will ease me in.


There's usually a book amongst the gifts and this year it's A Merry Little Christmas by Julia Williams. I haven't read anything by this author before. I got a few Christmas books as gifts this year, I may just keep them until next Christmas as they'll really get me in the Christmas spirit then. Some yummy all butter mini shortbread trees, I love shortbread so they'll go down a treat with a cup of tea. Some Galaxy Fusions dark chocolate with raspberry meringue, I look forward to trying that, it sounds delicious. Last but not least, a can of Percy Pig phizzy fruit juice drink and a packet of Santa straws, what fun, I can't wait to try that.

As usual, some wonderful gifts, I feel very spoilt. Thank you Lisa, it's been a fun swap again and it's now part of my Christmas traditions.

Here's what I sent to Lisa.

And a closer look.

It's all about keeping warm this year so I sent Lisa a cosy hot water bottle with a fluffy cover as well as two pairs of thermal socks. I just loved the colour of this scarf when I saw it so that was a done deal, I thought it would suit Lisa. And you can't beat a bit of pampering so there's also some lemon and clary sage bath soak and a sheet mask.

I think I've put a Christmas themed book in every parcel I've sent and this year is no exception. I went with Flora's Travelling Christmas Shop by Rebecca Raisin. I wouldn't have minded having a go at the felt animal kit myself, I chose a cat for Lisa as she has two cats of her own. There's nail varnish in two different colours and a compact mirror and cosmetic sharpener, I thought they might come in handy.

We usually exchange some sweet treats too. I thought these Thorntons salted caramel squares looked tasty and I sent some German inspired mini cinnamon speculatius, I haven't seen these before. I'm sure the milk chocolate spoons will be delicious, each in a different flavour, peppermint, orange and caramel. There's marshmallows with them too. And just for a bit of fun, a gin jigsaw. I know that Lisa is a fan of jigsaws so I hope she likes this one.

Didn't we do well. This swap is such a fun thing to do and it extends the Christmas festivities right into January. Thanks again, Lisa.

20 comments:

  1. It must keep Christmas special for the whole period, straight after boxing day it gets very commercial. My Spanish friends sent photos of their 12th night celebrations, so much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you both got very nice packages filled with fun things to have. The treats ALL look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gifts you've chosen for each other, such a wonderful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely swap, you both gave and received some lovely gifts.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely exchange. It's nice to have a little treat to open each day over the Christmas period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely treats - the scarf in particular is such a lovely colour - with the cold weather at the moment she will make good use of those cosy items..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tradition of exchanging little gifts with your friend Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tradition to share with a friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely idea and great gifts both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful exchange.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely gifts between the two of you and hope you both enjoy. I look forward to seeing some of your makes from them. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You both did very well. I'm sure both of you will enjoy using all your gifts. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know how I missed this post but you both came up with some excellent present ideas and it must have been lots of fun opening them up. Roll on next Christmas! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a wonderful friend and a lovely tradition!
    Happy New Year, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful swap, a lovely tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have always loved the idea of celebrating the 12 days of Christmas but wasn't quit sure the best way to do it. I love this idea. It's a wonderful way to share Christmas with a special friend or family member.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun tradition. It's very nice you two have been doing it so long. Loved all the little goodies.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Jo, just stopping by to say hope you've had a good weekend. Have a lovely new week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a sweet thing to do and you've both chosen so well!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete