Wednesday 4 January 2023

Advent Calendar 2022

I posted previously about My Advent Calendar For 2022, I think it's the first year that I've had just one advent calendar to open as I hadn't signed up for any swaps this time. I went with the Charity Advent which Helen at Giddy Yarns put together and I thought I'd show you what I received.

This year, Helen went bigger and better. Not only did she organise the twenty four day advent but she also organised a twelve day countdown box too. She had thirty five dyers involved, including herself, and they each dyed up a mini skein to be added to one of the boxes (Helen dyed a mini skein herself for each box), so you didn't actually know whose yarn would be in which box. I was very pleased with what I received, a 10g mini skein from twenty four different dyers. 

The reason I went with this advent calendar rather than one of the vast array of others on offer was a number of reasons. It was very reasonable compared to the cost of some others, I enjoy trying yarn from lots of different dyers, I prefer an advent calendar with random colours rather than colours which coordinate with each other which some dyers offer in their advent calendars such as fades or rainbows, and the main factor, Helen donates money raised from these advent calendars and countdown boxes to three different charities, Shelter, Action for Children and Reengage. I know it must be a lot of extra work for Helen putting these boxes together at what is an extremely busy time for any business, but it's important to support charities which need all the help they can get, and I'm very happy to support Helen in her endeavour.

Now to think of which projects I'm going to use all these lovely mini skeins in.

13 comments:

  1. That is a lovely collection of yarns - I look forward to seeing what you make with them. Charities need all the help they can get at the moment so it is nice to feel that you have contributed in some way and have a lovely gift in return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all look yummy, Jo. What a good way to try out yarns to see which ones you like. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  3. A total wonderful advent surprise, and a wonderful person who did all the hard work, as you say at a busy time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great advent, I will check it out this year.Nice to be able to try new dyers and different colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely mix of colours and it's great that charities will benefit from the sale of the calenders, now I wonder what you have planned to make with them. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got LOTS of pretty colors. I think I would like the randomness of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great collection of minis, lovely colours and a great way to try out different dyers. Can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That certainly looks a lovely collection of yarns.

    Yes, charities do need and appreciate help, well done to Helen for supporting the three mentioned in your post.

    Enjoy using your yarns :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Certainly an advent calendar with a difference. i love the random selection of yarns, I think my favourites are the first and third, top row left.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The yarns are gorgeous. And what a great way to raise money for these worthy charities. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a charming collection, looking forward to seeing what you create with them.xxx

    ReplyDelete