Friday 23 September 2022

A Belated Birthday Surprise

I had such a lovely surprise on Saturday. Mick had gone to cricket and I was just about to start some ironing when there was a knock at the door. I wasn't expecting any deliveries so it was a surprise to be handed a parcel. 

It turned out to be a belated birthday gift from my friend Maggie who blogs at BlackCountry Wench

Maggie always wraps everything beautifully, it's a shame really to spoil all that lovely packaging.

These look like little bags of jewels. They look so enticing, it was exciting to see what was inside.

I wasn't disappointed, not jewels but just as precious. Beautiful mini skeins of yarn which will look gorgeous added to my scrappy blanket.

And the other lovely gifts I opened. A gorgeous bee and sunflower burner. I've just been sorting my ornaments out since the house move and I've got just the place for this, I love it. Two balls of cotton yarn in such pretty colours, I think they'll make some very pretty dishcloths. A box of Toffifee which I haven't opened yet because I know that once I do, they'll be gone that same day. Is it just me or does everyone have trouble stopping once they start? I received a lovely card too.

Thank you so much Maggie, I love everything, you obviously know me very well.

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely, colourful surprise! I'm sure you're really busy with all the wedding arrangements at the moment, so that was a really thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely the same, Jo. The box could stay unopened for a while but, as soon as it's open, they're as good as done! What a wonderful surprise for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely surprise from a very good friend. Toffifee are delicious and it's not just you who finds them moreish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise! A belated Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous surprise & the gifts are certainly lovely, though I've never had those chocolates. Enjoy the knitting through winter. Take care & hugs.







    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful parcel to receive as a surprise, so generous and thoughtful. I love the cotton dishcloth yarn, you are so right it will make lovely cloths.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning and thoughtful present, and the presentation is quite delightful. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely surprise, and so thoughtful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew, I was worried that burner would arrive broken, so happy it survived the journey :-) I hope you enjoy the yarn, I've just finished knitting a dishcloth with the same cotton yarn and it's lovely to work with. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely surprise for you, the presentation was as good as the gifts you received, hope you have fun using them in future projects xcx

    ReplyDelete