Thursday 14 April 2022

After The Daffodils

The first flowers I usually buy in the new near are daffodils but after the daffodils come tulips.

The daffodils are coming to an end now, the last ones I bought from the supermarket were a pale variety and quite disappointing to me when I love the bright yellow, 'in your face' ones. So now I'm filling my vases with tulips.

It's quite a decision when it comes to choosing the colour, there's so many beautiful jewel tones so I'm spoilt for choice. This week, this dark pink variety caught my eye.

I love to pop a bunch of flowers in the trolley when I'm doing my shopping. It really cheers me up to choose something beautiful to bring home with me, and it's nice to have some colour in the house too.

18 comments:

  1. I love daffies but I also love tulips. I even love them when they "blow out" and go blousy! Definitely happy flowers. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my fake tulips, they do look real, saves me a fortune as I love flowers in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tulips too, they are so beautiful... I love them all, choosing is hard as they're so pretty that you can't help feeling happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are such a lovely colour. I walked past a garden earlier full of different colours of tulips, I just had to stop and stare at the beauty of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colour! I am a big fan of orange and purple tulips in the garden - such a zing of colour.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. My tulips are taking so long to flower this year, I may treat myself to a bunch for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful! Love tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are a lovely colour Jo & I too love all bulbs & have some pretty nerines out in the garden now. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Have a very Happy Easter weekend. 🐥🐥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, I like the colour and shape of these. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous! You can't beat cut flowers in the house.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous shade for tulips. I have daffodils ready to pop. A tulip.here and there. They are allnbeautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are beautiful tulips and what a lovely colour.

    Enjoy your weekend.
    Happy Easter Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. The daffodils from the supermarket have been disappointing this year. Much prettier by far are the tulips. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Love Tulips and am trying to grow more in our small garden.Yours are so pretty and I love that colour.Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Tulips they are one of my favourite flowers. Yours are such a gorgeous colour

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the dark pink colour of these, it's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous colour, daffs are my favorite but the tulips have a sort of majestic stance to them. xcx

    ReplyDelete