Sunday 30 August 2020

Confetti Socks

It was a while since I'd finished knitting a pair of socks but with My Crafting Rotation now in place, I've managed to get two pairs off the needles within the last week. I've already done a blog post about my Mojito Socks and now I shall tell you about my Confetti Socks.


These were started at the back end of March. They've been knit in Ducky Darlings yarn in the Confetti colourway which Eleanor bought for me for Christmas 2018 and I have to say it's so beautifully soft. I love the way the yarn has knit up in this pattern.


I've knit the Wildflowers & Honeycomb Socks by This Handmade Life before, it's such a pretty pattern which reminds me of the short school socks I used to wear in summer. Just like I did with the Mojito socks, I've changed the heel given in the pattern for a Fish Lips Kiss heel. It gives a nice fit and there's no messing around picking up stitches or decreasing for the gusset.


The only knitting I've still got on my needles are two scrappy blankets which are long term projects. There's plenty I'm itching to cast on though. I'm still continuing to follow my crafting rotation, which I wrote about earlier this month, but I've now slotted in two different projects instead of the socks. I shall give an update on what I'm working on soon.

20 comments:

  1. I love these socks, I will have to try the fish lip kiss heels, sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a knitter but they look lovely!💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of not picking up stitches or decreasing for a heel, never done that. Could you point me in the right direction for that please.
    I love the little hole pattern and pleased that you are crafting again, it all helps you know.
    Hugs
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my post about the Fish Lips Kiss Heel:- http://jo-throughthekeyhole.blogspot.com/2017/06/fish-lips-kiss.html
      You can find the pattern on Ravelry. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. The socks look lovely, Jo. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely Jo, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those socks the colours are lovely, I'm glad the crafting rotation is working for you it's great to get things finished isn't it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so pretty Jo. You do well with knitting socks & I was going to try another pair this winter, but it seems to have passed me by, so will make the effort to do at least one pair for next year & see if I like it any better than the last "huge" ones I made. Take care & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These socks are lovely too. I used to knit many things but never socks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not heard of that type of heel either but it sounds good. I am on the heel of a sock now and it is often where a project stalls for me it is not my favourite part.

    I love the pattern you have used for this yarn, they match so well, just enough detail but not too much to show off the delicate pattern of the yarn. I am so glad to hear that you crafting rotation is still working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say this every time but I am in awe of your sock knitting. They are a stunning make, love the choice of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are beautiful, a pretty colourway which very much suits the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look fabulous, I do like the colours within the yarn.
    Fantastic job, very well done.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look lovely Jo, a delicate pattern that really works well with the yarn. I am going to google Fish Lips Kiss heel now, I never heard of this before. A snug heel is definitely a bonus xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. They remind me of my school socks too. They're really pretty.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems your crafting rotation is working well, Jo. These socks are lovely. Some of the knitting names and phrases you use are such fun: Fish Lips Kiss Heels, Ducky Darlings yarn, and Scrappy blankets, to name a few. I'm glad you are enjoying your projects! P. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay those socks are the finest example of using speckled yarn Ive yet to see.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those socks came out lovely, love the yarn, yes I remember those 'school socks' well :-)
    Glad your rotation seems to be working, I should make a similar plan i think.

    ReplyDelete