Monday 7 January 2019

Twelve Days Of Christmas 2018

Once again, my very good blog friend, Lisa, from Jumble and Jelly, and myself have done a Twelve Days of Christmas swap. This is the fifth time we've done it and it's still as much fun now as it was that very first year back in 2014. We send each other twelve small gifts, one to be opened on each of the twelve days of Christmas, which extends the festive fun right into January.

These are the lovely gifts I received from Lisa this year.


Let's have a look at them a little closer.


The box of crackers were opened on Christmas Day before we ate dinner so we each pulled one. They contain a wind up Santa which you then use to race with, lots of fun and there are three crackers left to use next year. A pack of tasty Highland shortbread in the shape of mini scottie dogs, so cute, and a sachet of Dorset Tea in the strawberries & cream flavour, some hand & body lotion and a packet of cute sheepy tissues, citrus scented mini wipes and hand gel.



Lisa knows that I enjoy old films and Gone With the Wind is one of my favourites. I shall enjoy sitting down to watch this DVD. There's a spatula and some sugar stars to decorate the next cupcakes which I make, a Christmas garland and a trio of lip balms.



Umbrellas are always handy to have with the weather we get in the UK, such a lovely design too. A pack of colour your own greeting cards and some heart tags, a handy tote bag and my favourite Green & Black's chocolate in the salted caramel flavour.

Thank you Lisa. Once again I'm really pleased with everything I received.

These are the gifts I sent to Lisa.


I usually include a Christmas themed book in the parcel as I think it's nice to read something seasonal over the festive period. This year it was The Christmas Promise by Sue Moorcroft. An adult colouring book and colouring pencils, I thought these were really clever, twelve pencils but twenty four colours as they're pointed at each end. A cute sloth notebook and an IQ quiz.


A box of Toblerone Tinys and a packet of mini gingerbread men, I thought these looked very tasty. A pair of cute cosy socks and five wine glass charms. These are a good way of not getting each other's drinks mixed up.


Tubes of hand cream and lip balm, always handy once the cold weather arrives, I always get chapped hands and lips. Some snowman earrings and snowman bath fizzers. A cute little tin cat ornament which I must admit I had trouble parting with.


Here he is again. It's hard to get a good photo of him, or perhaps it's a her with those eyelashes.

Thank you, Lisa. I received some lovely gifts and I had fun again this year with this swap.

32 comments:

  1. What a lovely swap Jo, some great things sent and received.
    I didn't take part in any swaps this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my only swap this Christmas. I usually take part in the Stitching Santa swap on Sewchet blog but I don't think Sheila organised it this year. I'd already decided that I wasn't going to take part though, you do need to be organised when taking part in swaps as they can be time consuming getting everything ready.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea! The little kitty is so sweet! Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very much a part of Christmas for me now after five years of swapping, it's great fun.

      Delete
  3. All the gifts, both sent and received, are lovely. And what a great idea to extend the fun of giving all the way into the New Year. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy shopping for all the little gifts and it's fun still opening presents into January.

      Delete
  4. Such lovely gifts. I missed taking part in this this year, although I do completely understand why you decided to stop opening this up to others. I might have to find a friend to do this with next year...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people really enjoyed taking part when I ran the swap, I enjoyed pairing people up for them to take part but it was spoilt when so many people messed me about the second year. It was a real shame.

      Delete
    2. It's completely understandable. When you put your time and effort into something it's unkind of people to let you down. I would've done the same thing in your situation.

      Delete
    3. I hope you find a friend to do the swap with this year, though now that I'm on Instagram, I've come across these kind of swaps on there so alternatively you could join in over there.

      Delete
  5. What a fun idea, with lovely presents both received and sent. I like the cat. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the little tin cat was my favourite of all the twelve gifts I sent to Lisa this year, I found him on a craft stall and couldn't resist buying him.

      Delete
  6. Such lovely gifts, both given and received! I would think the best part is the surprise, and all the better as the gifts are opened over a period of time - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how it extends from Christmas right into the new year. It's so much fun.

      Delete
  7. You both sent such thoughtful gifts-it’s a shame you were messed about. I used to organise a lunch out for nine of us but refused after the day only four people could make it on the day. The hotel quite rightly asked for a deposit after that and I told the group that someone else would have to take it on! Still as bad but at least it’s not me betting embarassed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to look out for the gifts throughout the year, it's great fun. I'm sorry to hear that you were messed about when organising your lunch out, I'm glad that someone else took on the organisation, it often falls to one person who has to take the stress of it all.

      Delete
  8. Such fun packages both sent and received. I wouldn't have been able to let go of the cat what a super gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the cat was super cute, I think I'll have to look out for another one for myself.

      Delete
  9. Now THAT is a swap!!!!!!!!!! :-)

    Ohhh that little brass kittttty!!!!!!!! :-)

    ✨✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great fun, so many gifts to open, and fun shopping for it too.

      Delete
  10. Lovely treats - looks like a lovely way to extend Christmas and spoil a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy shopping for the gifts as much as receiving them. I look for things throughout the year so that I'm not at the last minute looking for twelve gifts in the run up to Christmas.

      Delete
  11. Hadn't realised you were doing any swaps this. Thanks for sharing. Take are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't suppose it's really a swap, more of a tradition now after five years. We both enjoy it.

      Delete
  12. Very well done to you both for a lovely selection of gifts, both given and received.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we both have a lot of fun coming up with ideas for what to gift. I'm always pleased with the things I receive.

      Delete
  13. Such great fun to round off the celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. It's a great way to extend Christmas right to Twelfth Night.

      Delete
  14. A delightful selection you both chose for each other. Those crackers are such fun, we had them last year.
    I did a small treats hamper for both my children, one had the shortbread scottie dogs in and the other your gingerbread lol.....gotta love Sainsburys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lot of fun with the crackers, and some left over for next year. I can attest that the shortbread scottie dogs are very tasty and I thought the gingerbread men looked it too, I hope I was right.

      Delete
  15. Just lovely, especially Gone with the wind....you have me wanting to watch that now.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that film, I shall enjoy watching it again.

      Delete