Friday 24 May 2024

More Baby Knitting

I just can't stop knitting baby garments, though I don't suppose that's a bad thing, it's nice to have plenty of things to go at. I remember my two going through a few outfit changes a day sometimes. I'm also knitting a range of sizes as babies grow so fast. These two aren't my favourites but sometimes you don't know that until you finish knitting them.

This is the Velvet Acorn Baby Cardigan by Lilia Vanini. It's a cable and mock cable design which is interesting to knit.

I used Drops Baby Merino in the Light Turquoise colourway. I thought it would suit both boy or girl.

I just love these cute buttons. I don't like the way this designer creates the buttonholes in her patterns though, they end up far too big for a baby cardigan so I found myself having to stitch them up a little. If I knit any more of her patterns I shall remember to make the buttonholes in a different way.

This cosy cardi is the Pulcini by Annalisa Dione, a free pattern on Ravelry. Doesn't it look snuggly. That's because it's knit in garter stitch, it makes a lovely squishy fabric. For this one I used Wendy Peter Pan 4Ply in the Teddy colourway, a nice neutral colour. I started off knitting the newborn size but it knit up so small, I pulled it out and went up to the 3 month size and it's still very small but should fit nicely when the baby's born. That is if it's a baby meerkat, just look how small the neck opening is. Never mind, it can be worn unbuttoned, or the top button left open.

Isn't this little hat cute, I couldn't resist knitting it when I saw those ears. It's the Big Bearly Bonnet by Pure Stitches. I knitted the 3-6 month size so that it will fit in winter. I thought it would be nice to knit some mittens to go with it so I followed the Baby and Toddler Mittens pattern by Julie Taylor. Both of these patterns are free on Ravelry. In hindsight I should have knitted the mittens in garter stitch to match the hat, I just didn't think at the time. I didn't have enough yarn left to knit another pair but I don't think it really matters.

I'm waiting now until the baby's born before I cast on anything else. It will be nice to know whether I'm knitting for a boy or a girl, not long to wait to find out now.

13 comments:

  1. Baby things are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky baby! to be the wearer of such beautifully knitted clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy Jo, they're all lovely & cute. I love all your little notes for next time. A good idea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are so sweet! Even the biggest newborn babies are amazingly tiny - your gifts will be appreciated so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely things your making for your grandchild. I can see what you mean about the opening on the garter stitch cardigan, but as you say, it can be worn open. I do love the little bonnet and mitts, they are just the cutest 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful sweaters!! My husband's aunt used to knit baby sweaters for babies of single mothers with no families so the baby had something to go home in!! She knit all the time and had drawerfuls waiting to be needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your knitting looks lovely Jo.

    I like the turquoise cardigan and those buttons are so cute.
    The garter stitch cardi looks good
    The hat with those sweet ears looks really nice.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well now I can't get the image of a baby meerkat (meerkitten?) out of my mind. That hat is adorable. Absolutely adorable. I love babies and children in hats with ears or hats that look like fruits or veggies. And those buttons! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous sweaters - I especially love the blue one. And the matching hat and mittens set is adorable. You are so talented! Your new grandbaby will be very well dressed! Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh they are beyond cute, aren't they! Wonderful! Come on baby we are all waiting to see you! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They all look so cute and cosy. Not long to wait now. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your knitted baby clothes are beautiful and will be appreciated. I'm looking forward to hearing that baby has arrived. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Knitted with love for baby when he/she arrives . Not long to go now.

    ReplyDelete