Saturday 19 August 2023

Another Scrappy Blanket

Blankets and odds and ends of yarn, two of my favourite things, so after finishing my Happy Scrappy Blanket it was inevitable that I'd cast on another.

I have lots of scraps of yarn and mini skeins just waiting to be knit up but for this project I've decided to go with a more muted colour scheme. I've weeded all the stronger colours out and they'll be used up in a different project. The photo above shows just a few of the different yarns I've yet to add to the blanket.

I've made a start. The edges aren't looking very straight but that's because I haven't sewn in the ends yet, they're just tucked underneath. I try to make a point of sewing some ends in as I add another round leaving just the ends on the outside edge, can you imagine being left with every single end to sew in when it's finished, it doesn't bear thinking about. As you can see, I'm arranging the squares so that the decrease line radiates out from the centre. I've seen people arrange them in chevrons or have them all going the same way but I arranged them this same way previously and I like the way it looks.

I'm making an effort to get all my long term projects finished and I've made good headway so far, but it didn't take me long to cast on another scrappy blanket after I finished the last one. It's easy, relaxing knitting for when I'm sitting in front of the TV, or when I don't want to concentrate too much. I love all those pretty colours too.

12 comments:

  1. I'm off crafting, not done much at all, hopefully now the house is back in order, I will get the urge to create again. I do have an itch to knit, but I have 2 crochet, 1 needle felting, 1 embroidery project on the go, so maybe I need to finish something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't talk to me about sewing in ends, that's just what I'm doing at the moment!! It's amazing the difference it makes when it's done though. Very pretty so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its looking fab, the minis look so cute in that basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a knitty blanket, so warm and comforting. I've just started knitting a pair of socks, so far so good.Winwick Mum is a great help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work. It's so satisfying to make use of odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the colours go nicely together.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing it all finished! I love all the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's going to be lovely Jo, love the colours, have a great Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew, managed to sign in to google! First time in forever!!

    Your new blankie looks amazing. I love the way you've chosen to do the decrease lines radiating out. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely scrappy rug & I do like the way you are placing them. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pastel shades.xxx

    ReplyDelete