Thursday 2 December 2021

Badgers Mess

I've finished my Strictly Sockalong 2021 socks. Ali from the Little Drops of Wonderful podcast hosts a sockalong to run alongside Strictly Come Dancing each year and I've taken part most years. Usually I've knit a patterened sock but this year I decided to just go with something plain and let the yarn do the talking.

Mick bought me this Mad Scientist Yarn for Christmas a couple of years ago. The colourway is Badgers Mess, it's so colourful that I thought it would be perfect for Strictly, especially with the sparkle which is running through it.

I've been knitting the socks whilst watching the shows and the spin off show, It Takes Two, which is shown each weeknight. 

They fit perfect and I'm really pleased with them, another pair to add to my sock drawer.

15 comments:

  1. I do like those socks - such unusual yarn, I like the random way it knits up. Socks are way beyond my capabilities at the moment but you never know...one day...until then I just admire everyone elses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're really nice although I'm still amazed you knit and watch TV at the same time as I know I couldn't do it without dropping stitches all over the place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't have too many pairs of warm socks and those are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny colorway name. They are beautiful socks and perfect for the Strictly theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the finish Jo you have finished ahead of strictly! I love the colours in these socks. I'm really enjoying wearing my handmade socks now that the weather is so cold and I'm starting to get the urge to make somemore xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks! I desperately need to knit myself a pair or ten. I haven't knit any new ones in years and mine are all starting to wear, fairly badly. Maybe socks will be my Christmas Eve cast on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely socks, I love the name of the wool.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like the mix of colours in the yarn, they look great :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the yarn, such great colours, it's knitted up really well. There's still time to knit another pair before Strictly's over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look fab, Jo! Keeeeeeeep dancing! 💃 🕺

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are just beautifu1! What a 1ove1y pair of socks. They wi11 make someone very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are gorgeous, Jo. The colourway reminds me a little of liquorice allsorts. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, very nice & hope you wear Christmas day seeing they have a little bit of sparkle. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous colours! You always seem to find such lovely sock yarn x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I watch Ali's Little Drops of Wonderful vlog too! Love your colorful socks!💖

    ReplyDelete