Monday 6 April 2020

Beach Days

I started this Beach Days wrap quite some time ago. I've knitted it in between other projects until finally, this was the only thing left on the needles, except for a couple of long term blankets, but just recently, for one reason or another, my knitting mojo disappeared. I'm pleased to say though that it's now finally finished.


I'd asked for Opinions Please back in November about whether I should knit the centre colour block panel of the pattern or not. I wasn't sure I liked the block of blue and gold waves right in the middle of the wrap and in the end I decided to omit it. I'm glad I did now.


One thing I wasn't very happy about was running out of the speckled yarn, which I knit the eyelet bands in, before I could finish on a gold wave. I quite like things to be symmetrical but there's a gold wave at one end of the wrap and a blue one at the other. Now it's finished I don't mind that, I don't think it looks odd at all.

I used two semi solid colourways from Jellybeans Yarns, Midnight and Golden (a one of a kind), and a speckled yarn from Norah George Yarns in a Harry Potter colourway named The Room of Requirement. They're all 75% superwash merino 25% nylon.


I wasn't sure the wrap was going to be as long as I'd like but I shouldn't have worried, it's blocked out really well and is a very nice size.


I'm very happy with the finish, I love the design, the colours and the drape of the wrap, I think it'll get plenty of use.

24 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Jo, I am in AWE, cannot knit and always impressed with those who can. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, I love the colours and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours, they do look like a day at the beach. I am hoping my cross stitch mojo comes back in these lock down times, I would love to stitch again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so nice, really lovely. It matters not a jot that the ends are different colours, I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, Jo. Those colours are so pretty together. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely gorgeous, Jo. Well done! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is beautiful, one of my favourite makes of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful and the colours are gorgeous together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful. I love the colours and the yarn. Once more I'm impressed by your knitting skill.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I thought you were able to walk a beach, from your title!!!! -smile-

    I think we all, are learning to make do, with not the most wished for "things." It's probably a very good lesson.

    Stay calm
    πŸŒΈπŸ’›πŸŒ·πŸ’›πŸŒΈ

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely love that wrap, the design, the colours everything... may have to go in my que..

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning finish, you did a great job, the changes are lovely and I bet its stunning to see it worn

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a beauty of a finish I think the jeweled blue color is perfect with the gold. Sometimes those have odd tones, but yours are perfect. Nice !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this. My Gran was a wonderful knitter and i do miss have hand knitted things in my chosen colours, she tried to teach me many times and was unsuccessful so I am in awe of everything achieved by the knitters of the world. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks wonderful Jo, I am glad to hear that your knitting mojo has come back it does disappear occasionally doesn't it. I hadn't notice that there it was not symmetrical until you pointed it out, that would have bothered me too so a bit of learning for me that I didn't notice!

    I hope it gets lots of use x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is lovely Jo. You would never know that it wasn't symmetrical. I love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jo, that is beautiful & your knitting is so neat. Take care & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your wrap turned out beautiful Jo and I love the colour combination.xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous wrap, Jo. Well done on the brilliant finish. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's lovely Jo. It must be nice to have it finished.
    My knitting mojo left me, I'm not sure when it's going to return...
    xx

    ReplyDelete