Monday 16 October 2017

#stitchingsanta 2017

I just thought I'd mention the #stitchingsanta 2017 swap which Sheila from Sewchet blog is running. This will be the third time that I've taken part in this swap and it's always so much fun, I thought a few of you may enjoy joining in too.


It's a bit like a Secret Santa, you get given a partner to send a swap package to and a different person gets given your name and in turn sends a swap package to you, so it's not a straight swap with one person.

The great thing about this swap is that it's for crafty people, you can opt to join the knitting/crochet swap, the sewing swap, or both.

The cost, I think, is very reasonable. Gifts to the value of £10 (excluding postage) should be added to the parcel, but you're also able to add things which you've made or which haven't cost anything. I often add little kits or free gifts from the front of magazines and I always send something handmade too.

It's such a lovely swap for crafters, so if you fancy joining in, head over to Sheila's Sewchet blog and sign up on the #stitchingsanta 2017 post.

Perhaps I'll see you there.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's such a fun swap. I've enjoyed taking part the last two years and I'm sure it'll be just as good this year.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea for a swap. I'm looking forward to seeing what you gift and receive but I wouldn't class myself as crafty enough to join in. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made some good friends through swaps, this one included. I think it's so much fun when the swap's aimed at a specific hobby, as this one is.

      Delete
  3. I do enjoy reading about your swaps - it will be fun to see what you give/receive this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun both sending and receiving gifts in swaps, I've already started thinking about what I'm going to put in the parcel.

      Delete
  4. Sounds fun, crafting supplies are rather limited over here unfortunately xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm able to buy the majority of my craft supplies online, there aren't that many good craft shops around here.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like sew much fun.....I’m looking forward to seeing what’s given and received.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to finding out who my swap partner is so that I can start buying.

      Delete
  6. i've signed up (both parts) - thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. I know a few people do both parts of the swap but I'm not talented enough in the stitchy department to take on a stitching swap so I stick to the knitting/crochet part.

      Delete
  7. Lovely! But can't believe Christmas planning has started. Where did the year go? P. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year has whizzed by, I can't believe how close it is to Christmas already.

      Delete
  8. I was lucky to have you as my Santa partner last year and loved my parcel. I have already signed up for this year 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these type of swaps are great for making new friends. Who knows, we may get partnered up again this year.

      Delete
  9. I always enjoy reading about the swaps.
    Have fun to all who join in ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lots of fun. I enjoy seeing what all the other participants send and receive too.

      Delete
  10. I shall look forward to reading all about it. It is a lovely idea.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of a craft swap, it's so much fun opening the parcels.

      Delete