Wednesday 9 October 2024

Marienlyst Sweater

I'm still knitting baby garments. I saw the Marienlyst Sweater by Guri Pedersen on Instagram and immediately popped over to Ravelry to purchase the pattern.

I used Drops Merino Extra Fine in the Light Taupe colourway but in hindsight, I think a slightly finer yarn would have been better. It's beautifully soft though and has a beautiful drape to it now that it's been blocked. I didn't knit a swatch, it's knit up a little bigger than the 3-6 months size I chose but it doesn't matter, Jack will grow into it at some point.

I really enjoyed the pattern, I believe it's written in Norwegian and translated to English, but it was very straightforward to understand. This designer has some really lovely patterns, especially for babies.

I think this sweater will be perfect for the cold weather, especially when warm layers are needed. That time will come quicker than we expect, the nights are drawing in and the heating is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment