Tuesday 21 November 2023

Copper Conifer Socks

I chose the Copper Conifer Socks pattern by Rachel Fletcher to use for my Strictly Sockalong socks this year.

Ali from the Little Drops of Wonderful podcast hosts this knitalong, where you knit socks whilst watching Strictly Come Dancing, or cheat and knit them whilst not watching Strictly Come Dancing, and this is the sixth year that I've joined in.

I really enjoyed knitting this pattern, it's a simple lace with a four pattern repeat and it's quite instinctive. The photos don't show it off to its best, it looks so different when it's stretched out a little on a foot.

I used yarn which I've had in my stash since 2012. It was dyed by Laughing Yaffle and the colourway is Winter sunrise. The first hand dyed yarn I bought was from Laughing Yaffle back in 2011 and though that got used up, I've still got a full skein from Laughing Yaffle in my stash from the same year.

I learnt to knit as a very young child and continued into my teens but I put my needles down in the eighties and didn't pick them back up again until 2010. It's funny how you come back to things, isn't it.

16 comments:

  1. They are beautiful socks Jo. Lovely colours and pattern. I did the same thing only in the 90's. I am picking my needles up again now, although I am also enjoying basic crocheting. Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Strictly Come Dancing' is a very popular programme everywhere.
    Combined with the knitting activity it all sounds very enjoyable.
    The socks look superb! You're definitely good at knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sock pattern, could you give me the pattern number please? I'm back to sock knitting after a break and really enjoying it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sock knitting is addictive, isn't it. The pattern is the Copper Conifer Socks, it's available on Ravelry and it's by Rachel Fletcher from Twinset & Purl.

      Delete
  4. They're very pretty - too pretty to be hidden away inside shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks are beautiful.

    I counted it up the other day. I have been knitting for over 60 years and cross stitching for longer than that. I didn't stitch much through my teens, but I never stopped knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I love those socks--theylook very squooshy which is a big bonus! Second--Laughing Yaffle! That takes me back! I bought several skeins back in the day--my guess is she is no longer in business but I'm off to google to check.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it looks like she was still selling via etsy through 2022 but nothing sold this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so pretty and look very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great Jo, such lovely colours.
    Keep enjoying your knitting.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic, a great pair of Strictly socks and there's still a few episodes to go to get another pair started!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely wool, gorgeous colours. They will keep your feet toasty and warm.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look fabulous. Lovely colourway. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now, this is just so pretty. And I bet comfy and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The socks look warm and cozy. Such pretty colors and interesting stitches. Good for you, coming back to knitting after those years had passed.
    Sandy's Space<

    ReplyDelete