Thursday 12 November 2020

Wondrous Dishcloth

I like hand knitted dishcloths, so much more than shop bought. I usually use the Grandmother's Favourite Dishcloth pattern but I decided I'd give the Wondrous Dishcloth by Jooles Hill a try this time.

This is a different type of dishcloth as it's double thickness and it's not a big as I usually like. I had a bit of trouble knitting it at first too, the pattern calls for you to knit certain stitches from the front and back of the work together and I got myself into all kinds of twists and turns until I finally figured out the best way to do it, and then it became much easier.

The cloth is textured on the front and smooth on the back, a little bit like a scrubby, and that's probably how I'll use these cloths. I think I do still prefer the old style, they don't call it Grandmother's Favourite for nothing, it's stood the test of time.

16 comments:

  1. I want to make some dish clothes this year, not made them before, thanks for this review, I will look for Grandmothers favourite pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Jo and will hopefully keep everything spick and span.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has a lovely texture but a dishcloth has to be easy to make for me, I like the lovely pastel shades, what cotton do you use Jo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Scheepjes Catona. It's the first time I've used this but I'm very impressed, it's so soft and it comes in a huge range of colours.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jo I'll look it up.x

      Delete
  4. The dishcloths look lovely. I never learned how to knit but do crochet and love my homemade crocheted dishcloths.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they look good, I do like the colours :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are the absorbent? I use the microfiber type so I dont get water marks left behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're cotton so yes they're absorbent. They're really soft too so aren't abrasive.

      Delete
  7. They are lovely Jo & a great exercise to keep your brain active (giggle). Sometimes it's good to try new things & if they aren't quite right, either go back to what you like or try something else. Take care, stay safe & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look good, Jo. They'll certainly brighten up your washing up! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dishcloths are lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dishcloths look lovely Jo. I just buy the microfibre cloths myself then throw them in the washing machine with the towels, seem to last for ages. Must be very satisfying to have made your own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also knit the grandmothers favourite as my go to dishcloth. I have tried other patterns too but they are not the same are they! These look good though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I've seen this on your blog before I thought I might give it a go but I think my knitting skills might be a little too limited. Maybe I'll get my Mum to make me some instead :) They look lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete