Wednesday 15 June 2016

2016 Dishcloth Or Mug Rug Swap

Last year, my blog friend, Kimberley, over on Creative Chaos blog, hosted a dishcloth swap. She's decided to host the swap again but this time she's added in a sewing option too for those who can't knit or crochet. I didn't take part last year but it looked like a lot of fun so I'm definitely going to take part this time.


All you have to do is sign up on Kimberley's 2016 Dishcloth or Mug Rug Swap post by June 26 2016, after which, Kimberley will get in touch with you with details of your swap partner. You then knit or crochet a dishcloth or sew a mug rug, choose another couple of kitchen items to add to the parcel as well as something sweet, parcel it all up and post off to your partner by July 24 2016.

I hope that some of you will join in, It makes a swap more fun if there's a lot of people taking part, and most people can manage the crafty element of this swap. If you can do any basic stitches in knitting or crochet then you can manage a square to make a dishcloth, and if you can't, then there's always the mug rug option if you're more of a sewer.

It would be great to see some of your names on the list.

22 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun! Maybe next year....I've got my plate full right now.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should say you have with all the RAKs you're sending out. I'm sure Kimberley will be organising another next year, perhaps you won't have quite so much on your plate then.

      Delete
  2. Have fun! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be lots of fun, I'm looking forward to finding out who my swap partner is now.

      Delete
  3. Love the picture you've used here Jo ... so colourful.

    Unfortunately I will take a back seat on this swap, but hope that many will join up, as I always look forward to reading posts about these type of swaps.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Kimberley's photo, I think it illustrates the swap very well. I'm rather busy at the moment with one thing or another but this is such a lovely little swap which should be easy enough to put together that I couldn't resist. I do hope that more people join up, I think swaps are such fun to be involved in.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm sure I will. I'm certainly in knitting mode again after quite a lengthy break.

      Delete
  5. Sorry, but I have to pass on this one, as all my efforts are concentrated on our upcoming exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been other swaps which I haven't taken part in as I've had too much on at the time, they can be a bit time consuming sometimes.

      Delete
  6. I signed up last week I think Jo, I'm looking forward to it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I wonder who we'll get paired up with.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I hope you join in, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

      Delete
  8. I can't knit or crochet, but I can just about sew. The photo reminds me of some of the crocheting a friend has done (similar colours!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the other way round, I can knit and crochet but barely sew. The photo is from Kimberley's blog, it's lovely and colourful.

      Delete
  9. That does sound like fun! If only I could knit or sew....sighs...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to learn, and a dishcloth is the ideal first project.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like fun! I would be nervous, however, when it comes to the "something sweet" portion as there are so many rules (in Canada anyhow), about importing/exporting food. Even when we go by car to the States, we don't bring any food back as it just seems to be too much of a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there's lots of food restrictions in most countries but I didn't know it extended to things like sweets and chocolate. You could always ask a swap partner to miss out that bit of the swap, there's no hard and fast rules.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like great fun, I have enough on my plate at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swaps I've taken part in before have all needed much more organisation than this one so this should be a breeze for me.

      Delete