Saturday 7 May 2016

Doing The Rounds


The Liebster Award has been going for a number of years and I've been lucky enough to be nominated for it on seven previous occasions. Every so often, it seems to do the rounds again, as it is at the moment, and I'm honoured to have been nominated, for an eighth time, by Tania from Retiree Wannabe.

The Liebster Award is a great way of discovering new blogs and to take part you should:-

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
2 Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
3. Answer the ten questions you've been asked.
4. Create ten new questions for the bloggers you are nominating.
5.Notify the bloggers that you have nominated.

These are the questions I was asked and my answers.

1. What is your favourite biscuit?
I must admit to having a liking to chocolate on my biscuits so I'd go for a chocolate digestive for an everyday biscuit, but I'm very partial to Marks & Spencer's Belgian Biscuit Selection on special occasions.

2. What is your favourite cheese?
I'm a big cheese fan but I'm not a lover of blue cheeses or anything with a very strong taste. I much prefer good old Cheddar, Lancashire or Red Leicester but my absolute favourite is Wensleydale. We've visited the Wensleydale Creamery in the village of Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales a number of times.

3. What is your favourite perfume?
I've got four bottles of perfume on my dressing table at the moment, Anais Anais and Amor Amor, both by Cacharel, which I use for everyday, Ghost which I use if I'm going to be out and about, but my very favourite, and one which I save for special occasions, is Ysatis by Givenchy. I've used this perfume since I was in my teens and I love it now just as much as I did then.

4. Who is your favourite TV chat show host?
I don't really watch chat shows these days. I've found that people appearing on them usually have something to promote so most of the interview is about that, and these days, people who have appeared on some rubbish reality TV programme or other are classed as celebrities and I have no interest in hearing anything about them. I used to enjoy watching Parkinson, he had some fantastic guests on over the years.

5. What car do you drive?
I have a sixteen year old Renault Laguna, though I don't drive very far in it. We bought the car when it was just eight months old with 8000 miles on the clock. Shortly after, Mick was promoted and given a company car and as I didn't have a car myself at the time, it passed over to me. Had I known it was going to be my car, we would have bought something smaller and more economical to run, however, we'd have lost money on it had we sold it and bought something different so I've kept it. I hate driving but it's handy to be able to do so.

6. What is your favourite TV soap?
I should say Emmerdale seeing as it's set in Yorkshire but instead I'm going to say Acorn Antiques. I was so sad to hear of Victoria Wood's untimely death after her battle with cancer. She was an extremely talented comedian and actor and knew exactly how to make people laugh.

7. Who is your favourite book author?
I don't really have a favourite author, though there are authors whose books I look out for, Amanda Prowse, Alexander McCall Smith, Donna Douglas, and I'm currently working my way through all of Agatha Christie's murder mysteries in chronological order.

8. How do you prefer your eggs?
I love eggs cooked any which way but I have them either scrambled or poached most often.

9. Do you still have siblings?
I have a brother who is eight years older than me. My sister was twelve years older than me but she died of cancer nearly seventeen years ago, she was just forty two. We were very close and I still miss her every day.

10. Do you keep a diary?
I have my Filofax which I keep a working diary in as well as lots of information but I do also have a journal. I don't write in it everyday but I've kept it for over ten years now.

The questions I'd like to ask my nominees are:-

1. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
2. Where would be your ideal place to live, town, country or coast?
3. Do you have any pets?
4. What is your favourite area of the UK?
5. What song annoys you?
6. What three things would you take to a desert island?
7. If you were given a million pounds, what would you spend it on?
8. What would be your last meal?
9. Have you ever met anyone famous?
10. What's your favourite take away?

The people I'd like to nominate are:-

Janet from MacQue.
Alison from Life at Sylvan House.
Maggie from Maggie, A Blackcountry Wench.
Susan from Granny Smith's Quilting.
Anne from My Blethering Blog.

Thank you, Tania, for nominating me. I enjoyed answering your questions.

28 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself. Have a lovely week Leah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the questions were fun to answer, I enjoyed taking part.

      Delete
  2. Jo, Jo - it's so nice to learn more about you! And CONGRATS on the Liebster Award.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award, enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked reading your answers to these questions, Jo. I always like to learn more about bloggers. What you said about your sister is really touching. I hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these awards are fun to take part in. It only seems like yesterday that my sister was still with us, these last seventeen years have gone by so quickly.

      Delete
  5. Hi Jo, thanks for the award,i will have a think about my questions and post when im at work next week. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your latest nomination, Jo, eight times is fantastic. Thank you very much for nominating me for the award too, I will give your questions some thought. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers, Jo. Thanks for nominating me! I really appreciate it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A well deserved award, and good for you for such interesting responses to the questions. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed reading my answers.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on your award.
    It was good to read the questions and your answers, although sorry to read about your sister ...

    I wish you, and all well, in your nominations ... but it is always something I steer clear of ...

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy these type of awards, it's always interesting thinking of my answers and reading those of others.

      Delete
  10. They are doing the rounds indeed! You have just reminded me that I have been nominated...........loved reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd better get your thinking cap on. I enjoy reading what other people answer and seeing if their answers are very different to mine.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for nominating me and somehow I've been a bit slow with blog reading lately and missed some the other day including yours, and then panicked when I realised that I can't nominate anyone, but just read Anne's and she sort of did it a different way, so can I do the same? Big trouble is I don't know how to put the logo on. Oh dear, I really need to get to grips with computer 'stuff'. It was lovely finding out a bit more about you. Thanks again and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Of course, you can do what you like with the award. All you need to do to get the logo on is to right click on the picture here, save image as, and then choose to put it in your photo files, then when you want to add it to your post, you just go about it in the same way as you would to add a normal photo. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  12. Congrats on receiving the award so many times, great answers - I've not smelled any of your perfumes, will have to make a note and give them a sniff next time i'm in a well known store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You must try Ysatis, it's been my favourite ever since I started wearing perfume, though it can be a little heavy for some people.

      Delete
  13. Ahhh, some lovely answers there! So sorry to hear about your sister, that's an awfully young age to go.
    Totally agree re Parky and Acorn Antiques and lovely to get to know a little more about you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a shock when my sister died and one I don't think I'll ever get over. I think a lot of people miss Parky, he was the true king of the chat shows.

      Delete