First of all I'd just like to thank everyone for the lovely messages you left on my last post. Monty was a beautiful bunny and a huge part of our family. We've all been very sad over the last few days and your comments have meant so much to us all, thank you so much.
I'm so lucky, not only to have so many people read and comment on my blog, but also that so many people seem to enjoy my ramblings. I'm thrilled when someone sees fit to bestow an award on this little blog as Lyn from Planner Bug did recently when she awarded me the Liebster Award. This is, in fact, the seventh time I've been given this particular award. If you look down at the very bottom of my sidebar you can see all the awards I've been given previously. I'm very fortunate to have quite a few.
I think that passing on these type of awards and nominating other blogs gives readers a chance to discover new blogs to read as well as getting to know a blogger a little better.
The rules of this award are:-
1) Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2) Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3) Nominate 11 bloggers to do the same.
4) Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they have been nominated.
11 Random Facts About Myself.
1) I loved watching programmes like The Waltons when I was a child and always wanted a large family of my own. I couldn't have more children after Eleanor so I'm thankful for the two that I did manage to have.
2) It will be our Silver Wedding Anniversary in July but we haven't made any plans to celebrate it.
3) I like watching documentaries, especially those about crime.
4) My favourite crisps are Walkers Cheese and Onion.
5) I rarely wear anything other than jeans.
6) I prefer to take a shower than a bath. I would love to be able to relax and soak in a bubble bath but I just can't do it.
7) I like most food but I don't like advocado.
8) I hate driving. I drive a fifteen year old car and it's fine as I drive it as little as possible.
9) I'm not at all sporty but I was in the school netball, rounders and swimming teams.
10) I love scented candles, my favourite fragrance is citrus.
11) My favourite season is summer, I hate being cold.
11 Questions Set By Lyn.
1) What's your drink of choice?
I drink hot drinks rarely so I'd have to choose water as my non alcoholic drink of choice, but wine otherwise, though sometimes only a cold lager will do.
2) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I could never emigrate and I'm not sure I could ever leave Leeds. I've researched my family tree and my dad's side of the family were living here right back to the 1700's, perhaps that's why I feel such strong connections to it.
3) Who inspires you the most?
My mum. She's been the person I've trusted my whole life, looked to for guidance and asked for advice.
4) Which historical event would you have liked to witness in person?
I think this is a really hard question to answer, there's so many historical events which interest me but I wouldn't particularly have liked to have been there at the time, things like the plague, the fire of London or the sinking of the Titanic. I suppose I'd go for something like the first aeroplane flight or the first moon landing which I only missed by a year, or something which I did witness on tv but which would have been great to have actually been there for like the fall of the Berlin Wall.
5) What is your favourite food?
I like most things but I really don't think you can beat a good old Sunday roast dinner, with Yorkshire Puddings of course.
6) What kind of music do you like to listen to?
I really don't listen to much music these days but I was always bopping around to chart music in the 80's. I do love musical theatre though so I suppose I'd have to say that.
7) What is your favourite tv show, past or present?
There's too many to list them all but a few from the past, Cold Feet, Starsky and Hutch and Fawlty Towers, and present, Downton Abbey and Call The Midwife.
8) What is your favourite pastime when you're alone?
I have lots of hobbies, knitting, crochet, reading, gardening and I've just started cross stitch too. I like watching tv too, but only if there's something worth watching on, I'm not one of these who channel hops until I find something.
9) What is your favourite dessert?
I prefer a starter to a dessert if I'm eating out. I can't really think of a favourite dessert, I'd choose whatever takes my fancy at the time.
10) If you could travel back in time to a particular decade in the 20th century, what would it be and why?
It would be the 80's. I was in my teens and very early twenties then and I'd like to be the same age I was then if I travelled back. I think it was a great decade to grow up in.
11) What was the last thing you bought?
A jumper from Marks and Spencer. Actually, that's not strictly true, I had a £30 voucher as an incentive for applying for a credit card so the jumper cost me nothing.
11 Blogs I Nominate.
A Rich Tapestry
Angel Jem's City Cottage
Granny Smith's Quilting
Hookin' A Yarn
Jumble And Jelly
Lazy Days & Sundays At The Willows
Life At Sylvan House
Love Made My Home
My Blethering Blog
My Questions For You.
1) If your house was on fire, what one thing, other than family members and pets, would you save?
2) What, other than your children, is your greatest achievement?
3) What would be your dream job and is it a job you do or have done?
4) What is your dream holiday destination?
5) If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you bought?
6) Name your top three films of all time.
7) If you could have a conversation with a famous person, dead or alive, who would it be?
8) What is your earliest childhood memory?
9) What is your favourite season and why?
10) What made you decide to start a blog?
11) What would you like the future to hold for you?
Please don't feel obliged to take part if you don't wish to do so, these blog award posts can be so time consuming and I know that not everyone accepts awards so I won't be offended if you decline, but I think it's a nice way to acknowledge some of the blogs I enjoy reading.
Thank you for nominating me, Lyn, I'm always happy when someone enjoys my blog.