Thursday 1 December 2022

Petunia Dursley's Socks

I'm on a roll. I've managed to double the number of pairs of socks I knit last year. Okay, I know I only managed one pair last year and these latest socks make the grand sum of two pairs knitted this year, but I do believe that my knitting mojo is returning.

Petunia Dursley's Doublet Eyelet Socks pattern by Erica Lueder is a favourite pattern of mine, I've used it a couple of times before and I like the effect the double eyelet pattern gives, it's so pretty. I deviated a little from the pattern, I made shortie socks, more akin to trainer socks, rather than socks with a longer leg, and I also substituted the heel the pattern called for and knit a Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist instead.

The yarn I used was some West Yorkshire Spinners I had left over in stash from another project in the Mojito colourway. I used Chocolate Lime for the heels.

I've been knitting up a few dishcloths, I much prefer knitted ones than any you can buy, and there's quite a few projects I'm ready to start in the new year. Yes, my knitting mojo has definitely made a comeback.

14 comments:

  1. The colourway is lovely - they look quite festive - I keep thinking one day I might have a go at some socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks look lovely, Jo. Well done on doubling your output!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bright socks, I haven't knit any shorties yet, perhaps next year that will be something for me to try. So glad your knitting mojo has returned

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour of the socks, so pleased your knitting mojo has comeback.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, they are pretty & so glad your mojo has returned. Look forward to seeing more projects in the new year. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very impressed with your knitting skills. Love these pretty socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your socks, the colour is beautiful. I'm knitting my 3rd pair this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant socks. It´s great when you feel your mojo is back xcx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are lovely, perfect for Christmas and the cold weather we are due. Glad you got your knitting mojo back. Snowbird.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are lovely and the perfect color for Christmas (or the Irish like me)...lol. Glad you DOUBLED your output this year! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knit all my socks short like that now, I much prefer it.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these Jo, what fabulous colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are such a lovely colour Jo. What a great idea to use up a ball of yarn knitting some shorter socks I might just have to do that too, I have lots of ball ends.

    ReplyDelete