Sunday 14 August 2022

A Wedding Gift From Down Under

I've made lots of friends through blogging, some I've already met in person, others I've yet to meet in the flesh, but Susan from Granny Smith's Quilting is the friend I've met up with the most, which is rather funny as she lives the farthest away on the other side of the world in Australia. We met for the first time back in 2014 and I wrote a post about our Bloggy Meet Ups. We've met up a few times since then when Susan and her lovely husband have been over here visiting family. 

When Eleanor and Jacob announced their wedding plans, Susan contacted me and asked if she could make a quilt for them as a wedding gift. She didn't have to ask twice, I drool over the quilts that Susan shows on her blog, she's such an accomplished quilter.

The quilt has arrived in good time, the wedding isn't until October but Susan made sure to send it with plenty of time to wing its way right around the world. I did ask her if I should hold onto it until the wedding but she said that seeing as they already have their home, I could pass it on to them straight away, which is perfect as they're just in the middle of decorating their bedroom and it will make a wonderful addition.

Isn't the quilt beautiful. Susan's always been very generous sending lots of lovely gifts from Australia. I have a bed runner that she made for me and I love that, but this quilt really does have the wow factor.

You can see the quilting a little better on the reverse of the quilt, just excuse the creases, remember it's travelled all the way from Australia so it's done very well, I'm much more crumpled when I've been on a flight.

Thank you so much, Susan. Eleanor and Jacob are thrilled with it and I know it's something they're starting married life off with which will be treasured for a lifetime.

15 comments:

  1. Susan's wedding gift to Eleanor and Jacob is beautiful. Susan is such a generous and talented lady, so nice that you have met her and her husband in person. I'm sure the quilt will be a treasured gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, a perfect gift, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful gift, and so beautiful! Something to treasure. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thoughtful gift, I am sure Eleanor and Jacob will be very touched by the kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed and joyful at such generosity. What a lovely thing to do, very special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and precious gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, its beautiful. What a wonderful wedding present.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful quilt. I'm sure Eleanor and Jacob will treasure it for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is absolutely gorgeous. I too found a friendship in Blogland that ended up with her sending me one of her beautiful quilts. She doesn't blog now and I am not sure why - illness etc but everyday I look at her quilt and feel lucky. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that is beautiful, what a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful keepsake, perfect for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a truly stunning, beautiful gift, I´m sure Eleanor and Jacob were delighted xcx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh a big WOW from me.
    That is a beautiful wedding gift from Susan to Eleanor and Jacob.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blogging friendships are the best. My mother treasured the garden ornament you sent her, Jo. I wish Eleanor and Jacob a wonderful life together. P. x

    ReplyDelete