Wednesday 9 June 2021

The Yorkshire Dales

I've written about The Yorkshire Dales on my blog many times, it's a place we return to again and again as it's somewhere we love and it's close enough for a day trip. Mick took another day off work last Friday so as the nice weather was holding up we decided that a trip to The Dales was in order.

I never tire of scenery like this.

We started off in Leyburn where it was market day. Thankfully it wasn't very busy. It's not a huge market but there were a good mix of stalls.

Another place we often visit when we're in The Dales is the Wensleydale Creamery in Hawes. We can't resist bringing some of their cheese home with us, I'm very partial to Wensleydale. It was much quieter than it usually is, but they do have a queueing system in operation if it does get busy.

My main draw to The Dales is the scenery. Everywhere is looking so lush at the moment after all the rain we had during May. 

There's lots of lambs in the fields just now but this sheep looked very fat as though she still had to give birth. I don't know very much about sheep but I thought they'd have all had their lambs by now. Perhaps I'm wrong.

It was a lovely day. I'm never disappointed with my choice of destination when I choose The Dales for an outing, it's one of my favourite places.

And if you were wondering, Mick chose Wensleydale and Fountains Gold in the creamery, and of course doubled up as Eleanor is a cheese lover too. Now that she's got her own house it's costing us a fortune!

22 comments:

  1. Everywhere is looking so green and beautiful, your choice of cheese looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely scenery and that cheese looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Jo.......my favourite place in Yorkshire too. Remember seeing you at Bolton Abbey some years back when you had a day out in the Dales. Wensleydale cheese is so yummy and they can't make a version over here because it's not allowed anymore as it must be made in the Dales, so I'll have to wait & see if we come over again. Our sheep have some early lambs here now & are so cute. Take care, stay safe & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely part of the country. The cheese looks really good too!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rain really has made everything so lush, just beautiful. Yummy choice of cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice day out with a visit to an outdoor market and a creamery. I love cheese but my husband doesn't and I don't understand how anyone can not like cheese. The fields do look lush and that poor sheep looks uncomfortable to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post and pictures of a wonderful part of the country. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wensleydale cheese always makes me think of Wallace and Gromit! LOL

    Looks like you had a lovely day for a day trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks glorious, we generally head south but really should come up country!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I've been there too, it's lovely isn't it, amazing scenery and wensleydale cheese is so delicious I could just eat some now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, I would never tire of it either, it's a shame it's such a trek for us to get there so I've really enjoyed your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pleased you are able to get out and about and enjoy the good weather.
    Beautiful scenery and that cheese is going to be delicious!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a funny looking sheep!!! Your photos are so pastoral!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much lovely scenery in the Yorkshire Dales, it's an area I like very much too. Sheep can have lambs as early as December and as late as June - I'm no sheep expert but it looks like this one hasn't long to go. And how can anyone not like cheese? - Wensleydale is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful spot to visit. Even better in this lovely weather we're having. That sheep sure looks sorry for herself.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful part of the country! Isn't it nice to be able to venture out again?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful scenery! I miss it round there so much. It was lovely to imagine being round there. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've been to some lovely places recently Jo. I would love to go to the Yorkshire Dales as it'll be different from South Yorkshire where we live. The rural scenery is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We enjoy the Dales too and also enjoy the Wensleydale with mango and ginger or cranberry. It’s lovely and creamy

    ReplyDelete
  20. It all reminds me of a historical novel, walking on the wind swept hills with a long dress on and a shawl and bonnet. It looks like a lovely adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bellos paisajes adoro el queso . Te mando un beso y te deseo una buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  22. We are so lucky to have all this beautiful countryside, those views are amazing and everywhere looks so green and lush.

    ReplyDelete