Monday 26 October 2015

Passing On The Kindness

At the back end of last year, Sally from Crafty Northerner asked if anyone would like to receive a Random Act of Kindness, or RAK. Never one to pass up on the chance of receiving a parcel of lovely goodies through the post, I said that I would love to. The parcel of happiness arrived in July and you can read about the lovely things I received in my I Received A RAK post.

Sally asked that if we joined in, we were to share the love and pass on a RAK ourselves, so after I'd received my lovely parcel I asked who would like to join in and got lots of replies so I picked two names at random and last week I sent one parcel to Pam at A New Life In Wales and one to Cheryl at My Little Piece Of England.  I now know that the parcels have been received as Pam has done a post about her's and Cheryl has dropped me an email to thank me, so I thought I'd show you what I sent.


As the clocks went back at the weekend, I thought it would be a nice idea to make up a parcel for when the ladies were hunkering down on the darker nights. First of all, four sachets of hot chocolate in different Cadbury's flavours to keep them warm, some yummy chocolatey biccies to eat with said hot chocolate and a packet of cheddar and caramelised onion chutney Yorkshire crisps, I can vouch that they're scrumptious. I know both ladies are crafty so I sent a couple of balls of Stylecraft Special DK to each of them so that they can keep busy knitting or crocheting and a book each. I do love a good read during the winter months. They both have dogs so I popped a little treat in for them too.


They both got the same things except Cheryl got a different book and some treats for her puss too.


Now, as I said, these RAKs should be carried forward so that the kindness spreads so if you fancy receiving a parcel tailored to your own likes and tastes, pop across to Pam's blog and have a look at her R A K, ooh, lovely Friday Surprise post and you could have the chance to receive one. I know Cheryl will be sending one out too so do keep an eye out on her blog too.

I really enjoy choosing little gifts for people so I might even send another myself in the future, I know it certainly brightens up my day when I receive happy mail so I'm sure it must brighten up other people's days too.

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought so, I was only too pleased to carry it on.

      Delete
  2. How sweet! I love the idea of this. I recognize those treats, too--my stepdad is British, so we go to World Market and buy British chocolates for him for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your stepdad appreciates his British gifts, I know from experience how different the chocolate is over there.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm always happy to receive goodies through the post so I thought this was a wonderful idea.

      Delete
  4. What lovely goodies to send out. And such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the goodies are things we all reach for when the darker nights appear. I thought it was a good idea too, I'm looking forward to seeing it carried forward now.

      Delete
  5. It's a lovely idea Jo & you sent some lovely gifts too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose things that I know I like when I'm hunkering down, I hope the ladies do too.

      Delete
  6. What a couple of lovely parcels you've sent. Some really lovely bits and bobs to keep those winter evenings warm, cosy and busy.
    I'm sure the furry members of the family were happy when the parcels arrived!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all like things to drink and munch on whilst we're busy and I'm sure the furry members of the family are just the same if they're anything like Archie.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely thing to do. It's a little like a project I participated in a few years ago, called Carry It Forward, where we sent a package including a handmade item to a blogging friend. I enjoyed it a lot. I hope you have a good week, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exactly the same kind of sentiment, I think it's lovely to see a bit of kindness winging it's way through the post.

      Delete
  8. What a smashing idea Jo, spreading happiness is the best. Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is the best. I do like to brighten up someone's day.

      Delete
  9. Very kind and typical of your good heart Jo! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a wonderful idea, I'm sure we all like to spread a little happiness where we can.

      Delete
  10. What a lovely idea - I loved receiving the gardening goodies you sent me earlier in the year and I can't wait to use the paper pot maker next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on with the paper pot maker.

      Delete
  11. What wonderful things you sent, Jo. I bet both ladies are delighted with them. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they enjoy eating/drinking/using them.

      Delete
  12. What a lovely idea and pity I don't live in UK. Your gifts are so thoughtful. I'm actually reading a book at the moment by Freda Lightfoot called Candy Kisses (only just started it). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely idea, I was glad I could pass it on. I haven't read anything by Freda Lightfoot but the blurb sounded good.

      Delete
  13. Jo ... lovely post to read.
    Spread a little kindness, and with some elderly neighbours a warm hello and a smile can make their day (and mine)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's so easy to spread some kindness, we should all make a point of it.

      Delete
  14. That's such a lovely idea. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure both ladies will have been excited to find a surprise parcel being delivered, I know I'm always thrilled with a bit of happy mail.

      Delete