I was thrilled to bits to receive this award from Tammy over at My Journey blog. These November days are quite dull and dreary so it was lovely that she thought of me and added a bit of Sunshine to my days.
The Sunshine Award is an award given to those who inspire us and bring sunshine in to our lives.
Thank you, Tammy, I'm honoured to accept this award.
There are a few simple rules:-
1) Include the award logo in your blog post.
2) Link to the person who nominated you.
3) Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4) Nominate other bloggers.
Tammy's questions for me are as follows:-
1) Why do you blog?
I blog as a kind of online diary. It's fun to look back on and see what I was doing this time last year, two years ago or three years ago.
2) Why do you follow the blogs that you follow?
I follow the blogs that I do because I connected with them in some way. They may inspire me, I may have made a friendship with the blogger or we may share a common interest.
3) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I don't really look to the future or make plans. I think that may come from the fact that I suffered from a serious illness a while ago and I now realise that you never know what's around the corner, so I try to live my life for today and don't make too many plans.
4) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
5) If you could relive one day in your life...would you?
I certainly would. I'd like to relive a day when my sister was still living.
6) What thoughts pop into your head when I say the word "America"?
I think the first thing which pops into my head is Disney. Perhaps that's because I've been to America twice and both times were on trips to Disneyland, I haven't seen anything else of the country at all. Also, the friendly people. I don't know if it was just because we were in Disneyland but everyone was so chatty and welcoming, especially in shops and restaurants, you don't often get service with a smile here anymore.
7) City? Country? Mountains? Beach? Where do you prefer to live?
Well, I've only ever lived on the outskirts of a city so I don't have experience of the others, but I'd love to live in a village in the country, though a coastal village would be good too.
8) Do you have a bucket list?
No, I don't have a bucket list. I'm quite happy with my lot in life and don't really yearn to experience or achieve anything other than what I already have.
9) If you could do any job in the world, what would it be? (It's your world so your kids get to be with you).
I think the best job in the world is being a mum. It's all I ever wanted to be when I was young so I achieved that dream.
10) What is your most favourite way to relax?
My favourite way to relax is spending time with my family. It doesn't matter what we're doing, but I love it when we're all together.
Now I shall nominate some people to pass this award on to.
Mitzi from Lazy Days & Sundays at The Willows
Cheryl from My Little Piece of England
Susan from Granny Smith's Quilting
Mum from Mum's Simply Living Blog
Amy from Love Made My Home
Denise from Mrs Nesbitt's Space
Kim from Little White Sewing Shed
Karen from Chelmarsh Chunterings
Jenny from The Urban Cottage
Jan from Stand and Stare
I know that not everyone accepts awards so please don't feel under pressure to accept this one if you don't want to, I just want you to know that I enjoy reading your blog.
If you do decide to accept, here are the questions I'd like you to answer. As it's now less than six weeks to Christmas, I thought I'd give my questions a Christmas theme.
1) Do you have any Christmas traditions?
2) Do you eat turkey on Christmas day?
3) Christmas pudding, Christmas cake or mince pie, which is your favourite?
4) Where do you spend Christmas day?
5) Approximately, how many people to you buy or make presents for?
6) What is your favourite Christmas song?
7) What is your favourite Christmas film?
8) Do you have a real or fake tree?
9) What's the best and worst presents you've ever received?
10) What are you looking forward to most this Christmas?
Do pop over and visit the blogs I've nominated, I'm sure you'll find some new favourites amongst them. Thank you, once again, Tammy.