Saturday, 15 August 2026

Mick's 60th - August

As you'll know if you follow my blog, I've been arranging little surprises each month for Mick in celebration of his 60th birthday, which was yesterday.

I haven't arranged a surprise as such for August, instead I arranged a surprise meal for all the family to attend at our local Italian restaurant (Mick's favourite), so that we could all celebrate together. Mick had taken the day off work and I let him choose how he wanted to spend it, he didn't realise that the meal was arranged for the evening. He chose to have a day at the coast, Saltburn-by-the-Sea to be exact. We love it there, it has that olde worlde Victorian charm about it.

We had an amble around the town centre. It was nice to see independent shops alongside an indie craft market and an antiques centre. Plenty of cafes to grab a bite to eat too and a delightful book shop. Afterwards we had a walk along the pier, the only one left in Yorkshire, before spending a few 2ps in the amusements.

We enjoyed a very drippy ice-cream whilst sitting on the beach. It was a very hot day and the ice-cream was melting quicker than we could eat it. Raspberry ripple for me, Ferrero Rocher for Mick.

The meal was really lovely, as always. Eleanor and Jacob had helped by getting the cake and balloons to the restaurant ahead of us arriving so everything was a total surprise for Mick. Jack enjoyed it too, Daniel enjoys his role as the fun uncle.

Mick was thrilled to bits to have all his family around him on his special day, he had such a lovely 60th birthday.

Of course, the surprises are ongoing, I'm still arranging something each month right the way through this year so the celebrations aren't over yet.

29 comments:

  1. What a fabulous day. Happy birthday to Mick and many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a lovely way to spend his special birthday.

      Delete
  2. Sounds a perfect time, family is everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It wouldn't be a celebration without our family around us.

      Delete
  3. How fantastic Jo! Loved all your photos and the family gathering. Happy Birthday Mick!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Mick had a wonderful birthday.

      Delete
  4. That sounds so nice. Happy birthday to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a lovely day, we both enjoyed it.

      Delete
  5. Happy 60th to Mick. What a special year he is having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Arranging his monthly surprises is fun for me and he's enjoyed them all so far.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday Mick. Such a good idea to have an outing every month for the year and I'm going to do it for my husband next year when he will be 75.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you'll tell us all about the surprises you arrange for your husband, it's been such a wonderful way to celebrate throughout the year, I'm sure your husband will enjoy it.

      Delete
  7. I love how much you love your hubby. This is a great post to read and raspberry for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually have raspberry but I just fancied something different this time.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you. He enjoyed his special day very much.

      Delete
  9. That sounds as though Mick had a wonderful day, filled with lots of wonderful memories.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think celebrating throughout the year as we have will give Mick many lovely memories to look back on.

      Delete
  10. What a simply amazing day.
    Happy birthday wishes to Mick.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wanted to make the day special for Mick and I think he loved every minute of it.

      Delete
  11. Good post and pictures. Glad to see that you both enjoyed the day, and had a good family evening. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, the day at the coast was lovely but the highlight of the day was celebrating Mick's birthday with family.

      Delete
  12. How fantastic! Such a beautiful day to be by the sea with all those fluffy clouds. I notice that your ice cream looks twice the size of Mick's. No doubt he'd already eaten some of his though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful day to spend at the coast. Haha, yes, Mick's ice-cream was melting quicker than mine, he'd already had more licks than I had.

      Delete
  13. You are lucky to be so close to the seaside, our closest is Weston Super Mare, and that's a good two hours away, and the sea is always out, lol. Sounds like Mick had a lovely birthday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a choice of seaside towns that we can visit, all around an hour and a half away so it's not too long a journey to visit for the day. Mick really enjoyed his birthday, it was nice to have the good weather for our visit to the coast and then celebrate in the evening with family.

      Delete
  14. What a fantastic 60th birthday celebration for Mick. A lovely day for the two of you at Saltburn- by- the- sea and then a surprise meal with family. Just perfect. Happy Birthday Mick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mick enjoyed his birthday celebrations, it was a good day.

      Delete