Saturday, 8 August 2026

The Stork's Been Busy Again

There was a long time when there were no babies for me to knit for, now there's more and more. I suppose my children are at that age when they and their friends are starting their families.

One of Eleanor's university friends has recently had a little girl so I pulled out my trusty knitting pattern, the Baby Aosta Cardigan by The Knit Purl Girl. This knits up so quickly, takes a little over 50g of DK yarn, and makes a lovely gift when added to a pack of pretty sleepsuits.

It's knit in one piece so there's no sewing up to do, it suits a girl or a boy and the Andalusian stitch just adds a little interest to an easy knit. I'm always pleased with the results. Here I've used Sirdar Snuggly DK in the Rosebud colourway, I prefer a dusky pink rather than a true baby pink and this fits the bill.

Baby Isla was born at the end of July and Eleanor's friend was very pleased with the gift.

27 comments:

  1. What a lovely present for the new baby.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can have too many sleepsuits and cardigans.

      Delete
  2. That is adorable. I wouldn't mind having a cardi just like that. Well, in a bigger size, of course.

    Your gift was lovely. With fall coming on I am sure that snuggly sweater will get worn a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Aosta pattern is available in adult sizes, I'm quite tempted myself. I thought the cardigan would be ideal for autumn but Isla was over 8lb so I'm not sure it will fit her by then.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Baby clothes are always so cute, and they take no time at all to knit.

      Delete
  4. That is a lovely gift, baby Isla is going to look great in the beautiful cardigan.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she'll be needing the cardigan anytime soon with the weather we've got just now, I'm hoping it still fits when it cools down.

      Delete
  5. That's so pretty, Jo, such a lovely colour. It's nice for Eleanor to have friends with babies, a chance to give them all a cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a dusky pink for babies. Eleanor was the first in her friendship group to have a baby but they're coming fast now, I think all her friends are at that time of life where they're settling down.

      Delete
  6. They are going to be very happy with this. Such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were very pleased with the gift.

      Delete
  7. It’s absolutely adorable!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't take any credit though, it's such an easy knit and it always works up beautifully.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I love to knit baby garments, so dinky.

      Delete
  9. So cute!
    I am not into pink (as in the slap you in the face pink which seems to be the 'given' colour for girls these days) but that lovely dusky colour is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I much prefer these muted colours, especially for babies. This is such a pretty pink.

      Delete
  10. That is a really sweet little cardigan you knitted, Jo. I'm not surprised Eleanor's friend loved it for her new baby girl. A lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this cardigan pattern, it's my go to for babies, it always turns out so nicely.

      Delete
  11. Oh, happy news! The little baby will look so smart in your darling cardigan.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's always a blessing to hear the news of a new baby and I just can't stop myself from knitting for them.

      Delete
  12. You do excellent work. Such a nice gift. Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This particular pattern has lovely details written into the pattern which makes the article look particularly well finished. It's always a pleasure to gift one for a new baby.

      Delete